I have the Tapco Intrafuse forend handguard in black , installed on my Saiga 20" . nothing wrong with it and it fits perfectly , but I have been thinking lately on replacing it with wood ... am I nuts or something ? I can get the wood upper and lower kit for around $50.00 . I would have to stain it and finish it , of course , to look great . That is not a problem I can do that easily .

Should I do it or leave it the way it is ? Only the wood handguard upper and lower , I am keeping my Zahal grip .

I can use some inputs on it , to finally decide ... what do you guys , think ? thanks

014-21.jpg

003-70.jpg

Edited by josey88
I would only go wood if you are going to do the whole thing.

I am keeping my Zahal grip , absolutely .

I was never a fan of wood grips anyway ... the wood handguards I think would give the gun a kind of more stylized look , so I am still thinking on it , but thanks for your suggestion .

if it were me. i would stick the saiga 20 in the closet, never to be seen again. while i borderline raped that Dragunov in the backround!!! more pics of the dragunov please

Lol ... it is not a Dragunov , but my PSL that has been modified and upgraded a lot . Here is a pic of it :

006-51.jpg

Edited by josey88
  • Like 1

I am not normally a wood guy because I like to be able to handle guns roughly without them getting beat up. However, I love the feel of the contours of the AK74 wood fore-end. It is just hard to beat.

I don't mind the tapco intrafuse S12 grip, but I hate every one of their Galil styled ones. I'm not really into the real galil grip either. They make glocks feel all curvy and feminine by comparison. A good wood 74 grip would look good to me and feel better. A quality plastic one with similar shape would go better with your current stock, but who am I to talk with my pgs?

The Zahal grip is very comfortable because it fit the hand perfectly . It also has an inside compartment for batteries , extra rds, etc . I like it very much , it is high quality all the way . I also have the equivalent one for my VZ-58 .

I think I will be getting the AK wood handguard set . I believe it will look great , with a more classic AK looks ... it is going to cost me $50.00 but , what the hell , is only money ...lol !!!!

Edited by josey88