My first conversion.

Here's a pic of my first conversion. It's a romaian stock set modified gas tube to fit, no trigger yet or pistol grip. Also need a lower handguard retainer, any suggestions on making a retainer I'm all ears.

photo-19.jpg

I also recompense the wood. It look red in person, going fir the Russian red look.

Refinished**

I'll most likely mod a g2 since it's cheaper. I'm trying to do it all for less than 50 bucks. That's my goal. And that's why I'm looking at making a retainer. Also I was looking at the stock trigger an the actual trigger looks like it's bent sheet metal and tac welded on to the trigger part with the hook I was thinking of removing the trigger and welding on a new part to serve as a trigger for the new position, then the only thing id have actual money from my pocket in would be a pistol grip screw and nut, the wood, and a grip. Does 922r apply if you only use 10 round mags?

I modded a G2 double hook. one thing to make it easier is to get a regular disconector spring. the s308 sring is bigger. I didnt want to wait so I drilled the disconector out. I made a handgaurd retainer. all the effort I wish I would have just bought one

Dead eye how and what did you make a retainer from also

Do you have any pics of you hOme made retainer. Like I Sao I'm trying to see how cheap I can do this. So far I've got 20 bucks in it. (no trigger,pistol grip,grip screw) I was thinking of using ele. "emt" tubing and try to bend it into shape if that doesn't work I know a very good machinest that may be able to machine one.

I just welded a it up from a short section of pipe and a large washer. It still needs a new bolt/screw that one was an ond one I had in the shop. I bought a 20mm shaft collar to try and make that work but the one I got was way too heavy duty. The 308 is already heave enough. so I decided not to use it for now

post-9518-0-53059100-1358978526_thumb.jpg

I'll most likely mod a g2 since it's cheaper. I'm trying to do it all for less than 50 bucks. That's my goal. And that's why I'm looking at making a retainer. Also I was looking at the stock trigger an the actual trigger looks like it's bent sheet metal and tac welded on to the trigger part with the hook I was thinking of removing the trigger and welding on a new part to serve as a trigger for the new position, then the only thing id have actual money from my pocket in would be a pistol grip screw and nut, the wood, and a grip. Does 922r apply if you only use 10 round mags?

I think 922 applies as soon as you install a pistol grip.

So I can use my us made pistol grip and that with a us made mag gives me enough parts. That decides it for me I'm welding up the old trigger and using it in the converted position. I'll post pics. I already ground the tact welds that held the old sheet metal trigger to the main body of the trigger so I will not have pics of the original trigger in stock form but I'll take lots of pics from now own.

So I can use my us made pistol grip and that with a us made mag gives me enough parts. That decides it for me I'm welding up the old trigger and using it in the converted position. I'll post pics. I already ground the tact welds that held the old sheet metal trigger to the main body of the trigger so I will not have pics of the original trigger in stock form but I'll take lots of pics from now own.

Also I'll be making a handguard retainer so my total cost will be 45 bucks and a bird cage flash hider I traded for the gas tube.

by adding a pistol grip that dosnt take away from the forign parts count since it wasnt inported with one, There is a whole section on 922 here read thrugh it so you understand how it works. I still get confused.

Also how come century sells the warsaw10 as imported with the single stack 10 round mag and a pistol grip and stock. Is that maybe an exempt thing by the ATF? We all know how they change their mind like the wind blows. So I would think that if I only use 10 round mags and I don't have a enough of US parts IMO I should be ok. Also I'm going to say I made the trigger I'll let a lawyer say other wise. Any way I think ill have enough parts any way so it really just a thought excerise at this point.