I got some Glock 21 mags in the mail for a well established and reputable seller. The first thing I noticed is that they were packed loose in the box, without any packaging what-so-ever (no Glock boxes, no plastic bags, nothing). Then I noticed some architecture differences.

My older mags have a depression on both sides for the release to engage (I assume for left or right operation), and one side has a metal insert. The new mags have only a depression in one side and no steel insert.

The "Glock Austria" font is very clearly difference, and generally looks not as well done on the new mags.

The new mags are noticeably lighter (maybe an oz or two).

The injection locations on the new mags are in a different spot than the old mags (the little dimpels) and the parting line isn't nearly as straight as on the older mags.

The new mag also as a metal pin sticking through the side, up toward the steel lips.

They go in the gun and drop free just like the others I own. I just think these differences are weird. They just generally seem of "lower quality" than my older mags. So... Is this just the new gen 4 mag or did I get some China ripoff stuff?

edit: Ba!! I double posted and for some reason THIS is the one that didn't get the pictures attached the first time.

post-33185-0-98498300-1359155577_thumb.jpg

post-33185-0-74472700-1359155588_thumb.jpg

post-33185-0-06737200-1359155603_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maxwelhse