Hello all, nice forum you have here.

I just picked me up a 1919 at the local gun show and I noticed that after the 1919 marking on the upper reciever

that there is a ( XN ). I have never seen this on any of the other 1919's before and cant seem to find any

information on it either. Does anyone know what the XN may stand for?

thanks-

Happy Shooting

XN_zps80b80e38.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

The XN designation is the latest and greatest upgraded version from Turkey. These are the newest being imported from Turkey, and all guns from here on will be this designation. There are several internal design changes that make many parts incompatible with this newer version. If you choose to have custom work done to your gun , or if you order aftermarket parts, be sure to let whoever you are purchasing from know that you have the XN designated gun.

Is the problem with interchangeable parts a problem for only the "latest and greatest" version of the MKA 1919 that has "XN" on the side, or does the slightly earlier guns with no "XN" on the side but an "XN" at the end of the serial number also have problems?

I notice that your gun has the enlarged mag release button. Did it come like that or did you add it?

Bill

I just picked me up a 1919 at the local gun show

XN_zps80b80e38.jpg

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I think your right. Hard to tell sometimes on the smaller pieces.

One other thing I noticed about this newer version is that the mags take

both 2 3/4" & 3" inch shells. The older version had a seperate one for each size.

So this is a nice upgrade as well.

I am seriously lovin this shotgun.

19193_zps33e7b271-1_zpsae0e75e3.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

i received the old version from CTD. Should i try to find a new version and sell the old version? I have yet to shoot the one i received. Which one will i have the best chance of making 922r compliant i guess is the big question if there are significant differences in the two versions....

i received the old version from CTD. Should i try to find a new version and sell the old version? I have yet to shoot the one i received. Which one will i have the best chance of making 922r compliant i guess is the big question if there are significant differences in the two versions....

Both require the same count for compliance, no issues with early guns,

Both require the same count for compliance, no issues with early guns,

i was thinking difference in internals (trigger assembly, etc) and future availability. if upgrades would be the same across both versions then there wouldnt be an issue. i hope that is the case. thank you, sir, for the quick reply.

so, if I never slap a 10 round clip in my stock 1919, I do not have to worry about the 922r stuff...... correct?

If you don't cut the buttstock off or own/use a 10 round mag you won't have to worry about 922r compliance

Edited by KIRCH76

Pages 9-12 list the characteristics that make imported shotguns not suitable or readily adaptable to sporting purposes, and require the 922r compliancy.

Ok, having trouble uploading the pdf file. I'll copy the text and post.

Edited by cad_man

Instead, here is a link:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/industry/july-2012-importability-of-certain-shotguns.pdf

A couple amendments to the previous study was the removal of integrated rails on the side and bottom of the receiver/barrel and forward pistol grips making certain shotguns not suitable or readily adaptable to sporting purposes. They are gtg as far as the ATF is concerned.

Edited by cad_man

when you say couple do you mean side by side? or on top of each other so you dont have to change mags to shoot 10 rounds? if they are coupled side by side i would think that would be ok but if they are some how coupled on top of each other so you can shoot 10 with out a mag change that would be a 10 round mag.

I just noticed I have two Xn versions. I had trouble with lining up the stock adapter from Tromix for some reason(threads would not line up). The cut came out perfect just had to lower the adapter on the stock about 1/16. Also while installing the pistol grip adapter the back part of the trigger assmebly rubs on the top part of the pistol grip adapter. I removed some metal from both parts and made it work. Are these prblems with me or the newer version XN?