Saiga 12K Safety in Folding Stock

Youd have to find someone with an actual S-12C or that put an AK-100 folder on theirs before an answer could be had......

I don't think it has anything to do with the stock itself, since the AK-74M and AK-100 Series rifles have the same stock but can fire with it closed. I don't think the Saiga-12S (the LE gun imported during the AWB years) has such a cutoff, either - at least, nobody who has one has ever mentioned it here.

Here in the Philippines, the Saiga model that a dealer is selling is the 12K model. It has an 18 inch barrel, pistol grip, rifle sights and a folding stock. When the stock is folded the shotgun cannot be put off safe. Also when the safety is on fire position, the stock cannot be folded. I have read that this safety feature on the 12K model was to satisfy a domestic requirement. But here it is not required and I am looking for a way to remove it. I have to yet receive my ordered 12K model, probably is 2 months time for firearm processing over here.

Also it has the sight attachment on the left side of the receiver.

The safety on the folder is for a Russian gun controll law. (same as the 'step' in the chamber of the X-38).

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out after you have the weapon in hand and tear it down for it's "virgin" bath.

G O B

Actually someone from England already emailed me if it was possible for me to get him some 8-round Saiga 12 magazines.

I will inquire with the local dealer here if it is allowed to ship firearm accessories abroad.

Will let you know as soon as I have discussed this with my Saiga dealer.

The 8-round mags cost about $109 each. Really expensive if you consider that an ordinary semi or pump shotgun has a fixed magazine tube.

Actually I believe firing it with the stock folded would put stress on the pistol grip wrist. But at least the manual of arms is simplier w/ only the side safety as a basis for firearm status. As it is now you have to consider the stock and the side safety as 2 elements to consider.

BTW does your 12C have a threaded barrel tip w/ a metal piece on the end. Unlike regular chokes the barrel of a 12K is threaded on the outside.