It's absolutely the worst... Plus, I have a standing order with UPS and Fedex to go ahead and leave packages on my doorstep (I'll risk it)... USPS doesn't allow that option. I had to drive 40 minutes round trip to pick up my package from CSS since they put delivery confirmation on it. Next shipment will be UPS. My UPS guy even "hide" packages behind my snow shovel for me. I get a LOT of stuff online, so I think he may know where his bread is buttered.

I have a wishlist of things I write down that I wanna buy all year long of bigger, more expensive and heavier purchases, and try to wait around the upcoming Christmas season for the "best" deals and ultimately the free shipping deals. Unfortunately, the modular gun safe I wanna get will probably never have free shipping!

I have a wishlist of things I write down that I wanna buy all year long of bigger, more expensive and heavier purchases, and try to wait around the upcoming Christmas season for the "best" deals and ultimately the free shipping deals. Unfortunately, the modular gun safe I wanna get will probably never have free shipping!

Keep me posted on how that works out... I am flat out against the idea of a gun safe that I assemble without a welder. I would like to hear from a real world user about what they're like.

Even my cheap ass Sentry is 365lbs empty.

Your best bet to ship something like that is to use a small moving company that will be willing to make an extra stop or two if their truck is not fully loaded. Shipping & moving companies hate it when their trucks are only 3/4 full. By taking on an extra client and making an extra stop, they earn extra cash and you don't have to pay a premium. Win-win for everyone.

• Like 1
Your best bet to ship something like that is to use a small moving company that will be willing to make an extra stop or two if their truck is not fully loaded. Shipping & moving companies hate it when their trucks are only 3/4 full. By taking on an extra client and making an extra stop, they earn extra cash and you don't have to pay a premium. Win-win for everyone.

What a grand idea. Thanks my friend! That would be the route I'll go when I order my Zanotti from Iowa.

We're not that bad. (usually, when people find out were not funded by their tax money, they have a different tone) and appreciate the job we do. Most of us, NOT ALL, do our best to keep our customers happy. and go the extra mile to satisfy their needs.

If you have a problem go to their site and register a complaint. (that goes above some peoples heads, and get's attention quicker) sometimes it takes a couple complaints. We're kept on a VERY STRICT schedule (to the hundredths, lol) and a handful of stoplights, blocked mailboxes (the worst), people asking for directions, folks who wait til you get back into the truck to go to the next house before they open the door and then holler "i'm home" to sign for their stuff. LOL., little kids running around the truck, ugh. all those wasted minutes add up Quick, I stay in trouble 99% of the time, but it's worth it when my customers tell me how much they like ME being their carrier. So far I've only had a couple customers complain about the stamp increase (it's usually pretty brutal) I simple asked them why they didn't buy their FOREVER stamps? or I pull out a $1 and say, here, this will cover your next 100 stamps 1 cent increase. sorry for your trouble. (no one's kept my dollar yet)

carry on...