Trouble replacing fore grip

Tips:

1. Be away from little ears. Lots of f bombs incoming.

2. Wear gloves.

3. You need to find a way to hold the tube while you twist the grip. I couldn't find a good way to lock in a vice. Some people have said they use a cleaning rod and place it horizontally through the rear of it, where the tube locks in on the firearm. (That might not make sense. The tube has a front which is flat, and the rear which has two lips to lock in). I have found the cleaning rod method to not work well for hard to twist grips. Try to find a piece of thick metal that completely fills those rear grooves. Just walk around your house and once you get the concept you can MacGyver something. I used the corner of a computer desk for the longest time. Then I found a table saw in the garage that had an aluminum grate table, and the grates are the perfect size. I lay a thin piece of cloth for protection.

ps... if you do use furniture such as a computer desk, it will damage the desk. Only use furniture if you don't care about it, or do it in a spot where can't be seen. = p

Edited by Muffman

Remove lower hand guard from the shotgun. Reinstall the gas tube and upper on the shotgun. Twist by hand (or pry against the barrel with a screw driver, protect the barrel with a cloth) until it can't be moved any further. Remove gastube and upper HG from shotgun. Continue twisting until it comes off.

Thats how i've done it on my iz132.

The process is identical to most AK 's Skould be several Vids on youtube to help . Cool heads prevail!

You have to release dust cover and angle up

Remove recoil spring

Remove bolt

Let's be clear there is a release lever that has to be moved to the up position to get the upper HG including the gas tube . I use a small pair of vice grips and a cloth in betweenthe metal parts .

To twist out the gastube i use either an open end wrench or channel locks on the plastic end to stabillize and with a towel twist the upper HG around

Vid helps alot !!YMMV ! good luck