saiga not going into battery

got a problem. I recently got the reliability kit from carolinashootersupply and now my saiga doesn't want to go into battery on the first round from the bho position. is this due to the lighter spring that was part of the kit? also my bolt wants to stick even when unloaded. if I draw it back and release it slowly sometimes it sticks over the hammer. this gun has maybe 30 rounds through it. is this just a break in problem or should I re install the original spring?

thanks!

You installed a weaker spring, which surprisingly is weaker. Put the factory recoil spring back and go through the gun systematically.

Don't spend money breaking your gun in. Instead do the stuff in the "reliability" link in my signature. 2 minutes working your bolt back and forth by hand does the same thing to the spring as $100 worth of buckshot.

• Like 1
You installed a weaker spring, which surprisingly is weaker. Put the factory recoil spring back and go through the gun systematically.

Don't spend money breaking your gun in. Instead do the stuff in the "reliability" link in my signature. 2 minutes working your bolt back and forth by hand does the same thing to the spring as $100 worth of buckshot.

Im buying a S12 next week and your post is bookmarked! Thanks GF!

just to be clear i wasn't easing the bolt into battery. the gun is failing to feed the first round no matter how hard you run the bolt. I was just saying that with no mag it the bolt was wanting to stick as it passed over the hammer. @gunfun thanks for the link. I'm going to re install the original spring today and see how it goes

just to be clear i wasn't easing the bolt into battery. the gun is failing to feed the first round no matter how hard you run the bolt. I was just saying that with no mag it the bolt was wanting to stick as it passed over the hammer. @gunfun thanks for the link. I'm going to re install the original spring today and see how it goes

As said above. You've got a lot of reading to do. Putting a lighter spring on something that isn't being pushed back in stock form is highly counter productive.

READ THE STICKY's They are there for a reason. Read the Gunfun's sig.

I don't mean to be a dick, but your questions show that you've done zero reasearch about this weapon. Your problem is Saiga 101 and has been beaten to a bloody pulp.

I'm on a bunch of different forums for different things. First thing I do before I post a question is read my ass off and use the search feature so I don't piss off the OG's.

That could be a combination of weak mainspring and the hammer profile. It might be worth doing some searches on hammer profile to see how to smooth out that extra resistance. I think there are a couple pictures in the trigger link in my sig. Obviously the bolt profile sticky is the king of resistance reduction info.