Fiber optic sight thoughts

Hey Guys,

I have some matchs coming up where the shotgun portion is "optic free".

So I'll have to take the red dot off the gun and replace it.

I don't want to go back to the carry handle and post.

What I have been thinking about for a while is finding/building a sight set one of two ways.

1. Using a fiber optic front bead like a regular shotgun and somhow mounting it to the gun with a raised rib.

This would give you the quick standard shotgun point and shoot.

OR

2. Mounting a fiber optic bead with a rear ghost ring like many turkey setups.

FYI I have a firebird handguard so I have a picatinny to mount a front sight to.

Maybe a way to mount these the way BUIS are mounted on AR's?

I'm looking for suggestions of what one of you have already done or ways to mount these ideas to the gun.

Thanks,

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/938682/truglo-tfo-detachable-front-sight-ar-15-lr-308-gas-block-height-steel-fiber-optic-green-with-illumination?cm_vc=subv1948125

There are alot of options for the front like the one in the link or you can buy a front post with a fiber optic in it and put it on most ar style sights. you might have to get a little creative with the rear though. there is probably a rear sight out there but you have to look real good.

Thanks guys,

What I'm really aiming for is to go traditional shotgun bead.

Trying to get away from AR style sights.

I can easily put a set of Magpul BUIS on the gun but as a shotgun in steel match situation I think a std shotty setup will be way faster on target.

Normally the gun has an eotech style sight on it but i can;t use it in some matches

No way an AR style sight is as fast so trying to find some fast aquisition ideas.

I was looking at some of the barrel band style front sights, seems like that or have a smith tap a "bead" hole or solder a sight on. I like the old MMC band sights but no luck finding them, must have gone under. Found another brand on middway but their pricey and a reveiw said it wasn't a great fit. Looks like XS sight systems makes a band front sight for remingtons for around 65 and you can use a ghost rear or sage sells a set for about 240.

Edited by Redhunter2486
Thanks guys,

What I'm really aiming for is to go traditional shotgun bead.

Trying to get away from AR style sights.

I can easily put a set of Magpul BUIS on the gun but as a shotgun in steel match situation I think a std shotty setup will be way faster on target.

Normally the gun has an eotech style sight on it but i can;t use it in some matches

No way an AR style sight is as fast so trying to find some fast aquisition ideas.

the problem with this is you cant really look down the barrel. if you mount something at the end of the barrel it will have to be raised. if you mount something tight to the rail it will be a little too low (atleast for me) unless your stock slopes down alot.