im not sure my fellow ak-er. i shoot mine so much i could remove my sights and still shoot the same. a friend of mine was looking for night sights and instead used glow in the dark paint, the durable stuff, and used that on his front sight post. it works great and saved him some money. maybe try that.

Lol I actually painted the sights on my Kimber Crimson Carry and just don't care for it a whole lot. Not really night sights since they gotta be charged by light! Plus the front sight is only $60 so its not too bad like pistol sights. I recently picked up a FNS 9 and they come with Trijicon's from the factory. Real nice.

Yeah the one I'm looking at is an Ameriglo and im running a TWS rear peep on my dust coverattachicon.gif2013-03-09_17-10-12_312.jpg

I may actually get the XS tho just because i know it'll fit

i dont know about night sights, but thats a sweet ak you have there. its pretty much what i want to do to the project ak i have in mind. very nice

• Like 1

Thank you sir, im pretty happy with it. If i get gutsy i might get a aftermarket rear trunion that is threaded to accept the buffer tube so i can eliminate the pig nose adapter and clean up the ass end.

Im thinking of buying a Tritium front sight for my 762 saiga and the threads are M6x.075 , does anyone know if that's the same as the factory front sight post?

I've got two Saigas and both have Trijicon front sight posts. They both were a real bear when I initally started screwing them in, so I put a rag around the threaded end of the FSPs and squeezed them together slightly with a pair of pliers. I squeezed them a little too tight, so then I had to take a flat bladed screwdriver to the center of the two threaded legs on the post and had to widen them a little.

I had to do this a few times and find the "sweet spot" as far as having the FSP in there loose enough to be able to thread into the front sight block, but tight enough to prevent the post from turning (which was happening on both rifles) when firing rounds downrange. One of my posts still turns a little when I fire, so I plan on using a little light strength Threadlocker on it and doing a redial on re-sighting it in.

I have TWS rails on both rifles, with peep sights on the rear, and the tritium sights are great when you're in the dark and the bad guys are in the light, or at least the plastic bottles, that is... Atleast from my experience!

Awesome, that's exactly what i wanted to hear. I figured a night sight up front with the peep in back would work slick. I prefer Trijicon anything as far as optics go and didn't know they made an AK sight. Did you get it online? If so, where at?

im not sure my fellow ak-er. i shoot mine so much i could remove my sights and still shoot the same. a friend of mine was looking for night sights and instead used glow in the dark paint, the durable stuff, and used that on his front sight post. it works great and saved him some money. maybe try that.

i did that before on a ar15 , it worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it in 2 days and installed it. It works awesome with my TWS rear peep sight. It's a 2013 Trijicon lamp too so that's nice its a fresh new sight.

How much wider is the tritium post than the original front sight post? Is it fairly close or is it quite a bit wider? Just curious as I have been thinking about getting some tritium posts for a few of my Ak's but didn't want my longer range accuracy to suffer with the wide front. I almost went ahead and ordered one last week to checkout...I was just gonna put it on one of my shotties if too wide as long range doesn't really matter with a shotgun but maybe you could help with an answer instead. Thanks

Edited by raidersfan_5544

It is noticeably wider but my thoughts were, I have poor eyesight anyway and have never been that great past 100 with irons so it doesn't bother me. I would think in a deer sized vital area you could be accurate to 150 yards or so but I haven't tried so I don't know for sure. I'm using the TWS rear peep instead of the normal rear sight so that might be a difference as well.

I got it in 2 days and installed it. It works awesome with my TWS rear peep sight. It's a 2013 Trijicon lamp too so that's nice its a fresh new sight.

How much wider is the tritium post than the original front sight post? Is it fairly close or is it quite a bit wider? Just curious as I have been thinking about getting some tritium posts for a few of my Ak's but didn't want my longer range accuracy to suffer with the wide front. I almost went ahead and ordered one last week to checkout...I was just gonna put it on one of my shotties if too wide as long range doesn't really matter with a shotgun but maybe you could help with an answer instead. Thanks

Funny you should mention that. I've been thinking about filing down the sides a little on my Trijicon to narrow it a little, because the little cylinder post on top of the origional FSP is half as narrow as the Trijicon. I've got a TWS peep rear sight, and It does seem to inhibit longer range accuracy on both of my rifles. I'm gonna file one of mine down today, and see what happens. I just hope I don't file down too far and get vaporized by the nuclear Tritium material!

Edited by fffpatriot

I use glow in the dark powder and mix it with clear two part epoxy. It is impervious to any solvent. And with a 1/2 second charge it is brighter than the tritium sights I have use. They remain brighter for about 4-6 hours. Then a second charge and it is bright again.

The glow in the dark paint sucks. Epoxy is a much better medium. I use the one hour cure epoxy.

I use the epoxy trick with titanium dioxide to get the whitest dot you have ever seen.

Edited by dolomite_supafly

Funny you should mention that. I've been thinking about filing down the sides a little on my Trijicon to narrow it a little, because the little cylinder post on top of the origional FSP is half as narrow as the Trijicon. I've got a TWS peep rear sight, and It does seem to inhibit longer range accuracy on both of my rifles. I'm gonna file one of mine down today, and see what happens. I just hope I don't file down too far and get vaporized by the nuclear Tritium material!

I filed down both sides of one of my Trijicon sights today (a good 1/16" off each side), and it is noticibly thinner when viewing it through my rear peep. I'll see what my range report does in a couple of weeks when shooting with the irons at 200 yrds.