Anybody know the "hardness" of the Wolf LP Primers. Reason I ask, I loaded up about 300 in 45 ACP yesterday to go play out in the woods. I took my Taurus 24/7 and G30. First mag in the 24/7, it only fired 4 out of 12, even after repeated strikes. The G30 did 6 out of 10. I came back up to the house and got my 1911, and it ate all I could put in it, even the ones that wouldn't fire in the other guns. I'm thinking the Wolf primers may have a thicker shell than the CCI's that I have been using, and it'll take a hammer fired firing pin to pop them. I may just have to limit these to the 1911, and other hammer fired guns and my lever action rifles, but DAMN, I got quite a few of them and would like to be able to use them on the striker fired guns.

Suggestions?????????

I have used small rifle for 9mm and didn't have any issues with a Glock. A friend's SR9 couldn't light them off reliably. I have a 24/7 as well and it ignited the CCI 400's just fine but I have yet to try my Wolf rifle primers with the Taurus.

If you want I can try some Wolf Small Rifle in my Taurus to see if they ignite.

A 1911 will ignite Wolf Small Rifle Magnum reliably for me. I have yet to find any primer a 1911 won't ignite. I find or buy small primer 45 ACP every chance I get for this reason. I can use the same primers for most every gun I own.

Dolomite

Rifle and pistol primers are different, in as far as how hot they are. I load my 5.7 loads with sr primers instead of sp primers and pick up a couple hundred feet in velocity. The wolf primers where the problem with my 2 guns, I picked up 2000 LP primers at the store yesterday, loaded 100 rounds, ran 50 thru both guns, not one single problem