I have shot mine for over 1000 rounds, I finally took it apart to clean it (completely dis-assembled it)...boy was I surprised at how little crud had built up, it was really minor, mostly unburned gunpowder, dust, etc. It was really of no consequence on how the gun functioned. Just my experience...yours may differ, but I do shoot it only in competitions.

Got an idea...**

1) How about drilling a hole on the end-plate large enough for ease of disassembling the screw that holds the top/bottow receiver together ??

2) the litte rectangular piece of metal that goes with the screw should be secured in place in the back

3) find a plumbing round plug to cover the hole

I wonder if the Firebird Mka 1919 new aluminium lower receiver ( TAc-12 ) , is also a hassle to access the primary screw in the back ?????? I hope firebird has seriously thought about this major convenient feature on the Tac-12

I was thinking of getting the Sig 556 folding stock unit, with the magpul mil-spec Ctr stock and extension tube,,, and drill a hole on the endplace.....etc......with the Tac-12 ( firebird ).

I wonder why no one thought about it.

Bingo....

Any thoughts ...input here...Thanks

Edited by SHOTGUNWIN
I wonder if the Firebird Mka 1919 new aluminium lower receiver ( TAc-12 ) , is also a hassle to access the primary screw in the back ??????

I dont want to step on any toes but from what i hear and see, the tac-12 will take down with the bolt in the back so you still need to remove the buffer tube.

I hope firebird has seriously thought about this major convenient feature on the Tac-12

They did put some thought into this and their solution is the Tac-12 A1. from what i hear and assume it will have 2 take down pins like a standard AR and be sold as a set.

Really , there is hardly any need to do a complete tear down for cleaning, before mine became a "shop" gun and got tore down numerous times a week for measuring and test fitting, I MAYBE took it all the way down ,once in 4-5 months.

There isn't really much that needs cleaning by doing a FULL strip, all the dirty parts are under the forend, spray some cleaner in the chamber/magwell, or pull the barrel if you want more access.

I'm defiantly not OCD about cleaning , I'm sure I could do better , but so far, I've never had a malfunction due to a dirty weapon.

Gosh...No clear photo yet on the Tac-12 showing how the retaining screw and washer residing in the back.....especially the washer ( metal piiece ) ( if required with the tac-12 ).

I can only guess that i need to drill a large enough hole on my end-plate to assess the retainining screw......so that i could have a folding stock using the Ace Sig 556 folding stock mechanizm.

Gosh...No clear photo yet on the Tac-12 showing how the retaining screw and washer residing in the back.....especially the washer ( metal piiece ) ( if required with the tac-12 ).

I can only guess that i need to drill a large enough hole on my end-plate to assess the retainining screw......so that i could have a folding stock using the Ace Sig 556 folding stock mechanizm.

How many different threads are you going to post this in??? posting this in every thread isnt going to make Anibus or gentlemanjim respond faster. they will read it when they read it... How about you just buy tac-12 lower and then drill a hole in the adapter or just take about 10 seconds and unscrew the buffer tube when you want to fully strip the gun. i really dont see what the big deal is? if you want a aluminum lower then buy it and if not then dont...

Really , there is hardly any need to do a complete tear down for cleaning, before mine became a "shop" gun and got tore down numerous times a week for measuring and test fitting, I MAYBE took it all the way down ,once in 4-5 months.

There isn't really much that needs cleaning by doing a FULL strip, all the dirty parts are under the forend, spray some cleaner in the chamber/magwell, or pull the barrel if you want more access.

I'm defiantly not OCD about cleaning , I'm sure I could do better , but so far, I've never had a malfunction due to a dirty weapon.

Matt I am not so much concerned about cleaning but more if i have to strip it, for whatever reason, at a competition in between stages. I do have the adapter sitting around just in case but not sure yet if i will put it on or not

I'm pretty sure , I can TOTALLY strip the gun in 10 min.

Now doing that outside, on the tailgate of a pickup, in 105 degree heat, / 20 mph wind, may be a different storybeaten.gif

Although , I have rebuilt a 2 stroke motorcycle engine in the pits between moto'sbig_smile.gif