hammer profile

So I took a little bit more off my hammer face and I think I may have taken to much off. When I hand cycle it holding the trigger back occasionally the trigger won't connect up with the tab on the hammer. I must have take just a slight bit to much off. Could I take just a slight bit off the top of the hammer tab to correct or should I put a new hammer in?

Good thinking.

Next time, leave enough meat so that the carrier pushes the hammer wing at least 1 /16" lower than the disconnector. Using the factory hammer as a guide is good too. Make it so that the bolt carrier never hits a corner, and make the final angle such that the face of the hammer his hitting the tail of the bolt surrounding the hammer pin squarely. (Tapco starts out hitting at an angle.)

I am pretty sure there are some pictures of how it should look in the link in my sig line about triggers.

Put a new hammer in this morning.(took 10 minutes) Haven't got a chance to shoot it yet to see if the increased resistance will give me any ejection problems. I measured the original hammer height from the flat underside to the hammer face and it was .56. I ground the new hammer to the same specs taking off the ridges. I measured the hammer I ground to far and it measured .51 I should have left it at my previous profile which I did not measure but I'm guessing was around .53. Not sure if this information can be helpful since I don't know how consistent these measurements are from gun to gun.

What matters is whether the carrier pushes it past the disconnector. If it does, and goes a bit past for good measure, it should work fine. If it does not clear the disco, your hammer will ride the carrier home. If it barely engages, then it can probably do so intermittently.

Out of curiosity I measured the stock hammer height on another S12 and it to measured .56. Must be a pretty consistent spec. Those of you that do a lot of hammer profiling do you use the visual method of making sure the hammer pushes past the disconnector or is there a spec you grind to first and then install the hammer? I have not fired mine yet with the new hammer installed but there is definately more resistance than there was with my previous profile before I went to far.