Greetings,

I am going to start reloading for my Saiga 12 and was wondering what is the minimum shot size, weight ( 7/8 vs 1 1/8 oz) and FPS is needed to cycle the action?

Also, for those of you who currently reload for your Saiga 12, would you be so kind in sharing your load data?

Please include the following if known:

Weight - Hull - Primer - Wad - Powder - Grains - FPS - PSI Recoil (Light/Med/High)

Thanks In Advance!

Yes ,,, I agree. I do have a lot to learn ... no doubt! I have the Lyman 4th edition, Hodgen Basic Manual, and Allliant Reloaders Guide. I picked up a used Mec 9000 and I have stock Saiga 12 with a Phoenix Technology Saiga 12 Gauge Kicklite Tactical Stock.

Here's my favorite load so far, it's steel shot because I didn't want all that lead in my yard. This load works great for me.

I've found that 1350 FPS and above usually works well for me. No need to waste powder going for extra power loads, the S12 can cycle reasonably light loads once you find the right amount. The shot size/weight isn't very important if you get the powder/pressure right. I used no. 8 steel shot if I remember correctly.

7c1faf907dcdd67305147a03fbe7616d.jpg

whats up guys,

I have been reloading for about 6 months and have tried 100's of different loads only using Clays, International and Universal. I prefer utilizing Clays because it burns clean and fast. I load for target shooting so almost all of my loads are low recoil 1200 fps or lower with only 1 oz of shot (#6-#8). Keep it reliable 1200 fps or more with pressures of 7000 or higher. Go to Cabellas and get their shotgun reloading data book (thats not the name but it is a small bound book).

Try this load on a MEC 9000 #32 bushing (clays), 1 oz shot, windjammer wad, cheddite hul & cheddite primer. Use a 6 point crimp- very low recoil reliable load

For supplies try ballistic products

Also I should say my saiga 12's have over 10 hours of tuning and config done to them. All 4 ports 5/64. If yours is stock you may want to try heavier loads.