To armslist users. Large string of scammers.

Long time armslist loser here.

Lately there has been a huge craigslist sized amount of fake ads as of late.

I have dealt with more than I can count,

Tell tale signs you are dealing with a scammer.

1. Most of them can barely spell for their life.
-When you think you are getting a deal or someone is responding to your ad an speaks "funny" to you. In a way that you think they talk or respond weird.
That's the first sign. Their English and grammar are also noticeably bad as well.

2. Ads that look like great deals.
- When you hit these ads you will see how the ads details are basically all factory specific exactly the same way it is posted on the main websites.
Copy and paste if you will.
-Try to talk to them about the firearm listed. Ask for pics. Say you will only do FFL to FFL shipping and no money orders until their FFL has contacted your FFL and has verified they are who they say they are and they have the fire physically in their possession.
When you ask them multiple questions they will answer usually one or two of them and repeat themselves or say very generic info ie. the gun shoots good.

3. Seller or buyer says they just moved to random location when discussing meeting.
- This right here is a 90% chance of scam. I'd say just flag.

4. Don't believe stories. Ship only FFL to FFL.
-If they say they live to far from a FFL and demand a money order before shipping the gun. Take your business elsewhere.
If you cant verify who they say they are what good is their word to you?

5. Fake FFL dealers.
-Beware of people who say they are private FFLs. They will talk weird and send you a fake FFL certificate or license. THIS IS 99.9% ALWAYS FAKE.
Show picture to a real FFL to confirm authenticity. They will tell you its a bunch of BS.

6. Scammers use obvious fake email accounts most of the time. 70% its a brand new email account used and then deactivated after a few weeks of scamming.
-Tech savvy people are urged to report these emails to gmail, yahoo, etc. also if you want to take it a step further like I have done a few times. Save emails and screen shot ads, and if you can. Find the scammer's IP addess and report them to the nearest Police station located closest to their IP address.
^
Easiest way to get these people arrested and off the internet. Remember scammers are very obvious most of the time.

Hopefully this jumbled info helps you guys on your quest to find your new toys.

5. Fake FFL dealers.
-Beware of people who say they are private FFLs. They will talk weird and send you a fake FFL certificate or license. THIS IS 99.9% ALWAYS FAKE.
Show picture to a real FFL to confirm authenticity. They will tell you its a bunch of BS.

There is a link on the BATFE website for verifying FFL numbers. It will tell you the status in a few seconds.

I stick to "Face to Face" meetings and I am a stickler for details when buying a gun. I got a guy down $100 on a rifle, because it was dirty. He said "Oh, I usually, always (??) clean it after I shoot it, but I just went shooting with it one last time and forgot to clean it."

I pointed out all the internal residue that takes much more than 1 shooting session for a Bolt gun to build up, and thusly also called B.S. on the claim of "Barely been fired."

I told him that if he actually did clean it after every use, it would look like MY rifles do.......and mine have Never been that dirty.

Really, who doesn't at least clean a rifle before trying to sell it? If you only clean it 1 time, it should be just Before you try to sell it.

No "Online, sight unseen, uninspected gun purchases" for me. I've had good luck buying from folks on this site, but I'm done with anyting Used, online.

Some guns just don't feel right when you hold them.

5. Fake FFL dealers.

There is a link on the BATFE website for verifying FFL numbers. It will tell you the status in a few seconds.

sweet send me that link when you get a chance.

Alot of people still get sucked into scams and send their money almost everyday though. Just trying to get the word out.

5. Fake FFL dealers.

sweet send me that link when you get a chance.

Alot of people still get sucked into scams and send their money almost everyday though. Just trying to get the word out.

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

only ship to the address listed on the FFL, contact the FFL directly with the phone number listed at the address. Ship your weapon with a copy of the FFL. CYA!

Armslist is still a very legitimate site for alot of people including me. It just sucks scammers have to ruin things.

I have done many many many deals on that site.

The info was more directed at people doing out of state transactions.

• 2 weeks later...