Griz asks the question

I am ignorant about C-4. How much is one pound equivelent to in sticks of dynamite [blew stumps with my dad in 1962 and 1963].

I have sen the explosive bricks used in movies starting with the Bridge on the River Kwai and right up through Arnie's movies, but these are Holywood fireworks, not the McCoy.

So [he asked] is there a comparison equivelance?

It is reported enough plastic explosives was taken in that "stolen" truckload to bring down a building McVeigh style.

My gut hunch is it was an inside job. whoever took it knew it was there for the taking. God only knows where it will turn up.

Wolvie

In that stuff thats missing, the C-4 is not nearly as valueable as the blasting caps and det cord. With either of those you can take many ordnary household or industrial products and make simple easy to make explosives, with the det cord and caps and just a couple of Lbs. of the C-4 will allow you to make a much larger explosive device.

This is what Nichols and McVeigh did at OKC. The caps with det cord and the C-4 together with some mulptlication with other lower order explosives could make for a really big explosion.

TRUE!!

Go to your local AGWAY, buy up a big bag of fertilizer... ( I will refrain from mentioning the proper kind...)

Prepare it properly... ( I will again refrain from the how-to's)

Mix with the proper ratio of the proper fluid... ( YEAH... I will refrain from THAT one too...)

And when it is detonated with the aforementioned detcord and blasting caps, it *WILL BE MORE POWERFUL* than TNT!!!!

SO it isnt really that hard... just gotta HAVE the caps to set off the reaction... it has to be DETONATED... not just ignited.

:smoke:

I made a primitive fuel-air device when I was young and stupider than I am now just to see if I could do it. It was easier than one might think. Took about ten tries or so, with the second to last try working GREAT (so I thought). The last one I did, I timed it slightly different, and to make a long story short, I wont be doing that again! I cant really go into details, because I probably will get in shit for it, but man it was one big fuckin bang lemme tell ya. so big, I wont even do it again.

the best part? everything I used to make it is availible without paperwork and is on the shelf.

dont email or PM me about it, because I am not going to tell anyone how I did it for fear of some idiot doing something stupid with it. If *I* wont make another one, that should tell you something....

and by the way, blasting caps are easy as hell to make, and there is also another method which is even simpler that again, Im not repeating.

the things you learn from books and field manuals one isnt supposed to even have is astounding :)

I cant remember EXACTLY how much more powerful c4 is to dynomite, but I recall something in the order of five or six times more powerful per weight. I forget the expansion in feet per second, but its a lot more as well.