Green or Black Buffer in your Saiga 12?

I am going to the range tonight and have just installed the Blackjack "Black" buffer... I got the 3 pack (as I have a couple of AK's as well, why not make them recoil as little as possible?), 2 black and one green... which one do you use in your Saiga, and what is the difference between the two?

The green one is supposed to be softer... Is it also more fragile? I plan on shooting "full power" (NOT reduced recoil) 2.75" 1 oz. slugs through it today... would there be a possibility of the green on coming apart? Does the green one make any difference really?

Thanks!

Hi

I have a saiga 12c and i have the black buffer installed , i would recommend you use the green one in your saiga 12 as the black one in mine split at the top loop where the bolt return spring passes through after less than 200 rounds , it is a good product but i think i should have bought the green one. it is still doing its job inside my saiga as the split was caused by the spring and guide being a little too wide for the buffer (saiga 12) and as long as i reseat it in its position after every strip n clean it works 100% but i bet it would last ages in a standard ak.

all the best

assassin

black one in mine split at the top loop where the bolt return spring passes through after less than 200 rounds

I've had a bit of problems with the hard black buffers being too hard and cracking at the top, I've switched to a slightly more flexiable black material now and will be glad to swap it out for you if you will send the cracked one back to me. I'll give you a green one if you would prefer.

Hi Blackjack

Thanks for the offer , If you pm me your address i will send it back to you from England if that is ok?

Your buffers are a great product and it has reduced felt recoil in my saiga 12 and i would reccomend them to all owners.

all the best

assassin