Need laser sight for Saiga 12ga

My wife wants a laser sight for her Saiga 12. We tried a laser that is supposed to be for shotguns but it didn't last.

Does anyone know of a laser sight that will stand up to a Saiga 12 ?

And before you ask, she wants a simple: Identify target as target, put laser on target, pull trigger, done.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

So far, my cheapo NC star is still working. I haven't left it outside in sub zero, but is that really relevant for a bedside gun that needs a bit of communication attached?

I picked up a nicer one on ebay and it tracks crooked, and can't get zeroed.

Kinda like Well I was going to buy a canoe, but I read on the internet that they don't do well with tornadoes. Um, true but...

I will say that you should drill and tap a set screw or two into the inside of the mount. The mount is very compact and light, but under 12ga recoil it will shift.

You could probably substitute a 1" low pro scope ring or two if that option does not appeal

So far, my cheapo NC star is still working. I haven't left it outside in sub zero, but is that really relevant for a bedside gun that needs a bit of communication attached?

Occasionally those "bedside" guns are taken outside and used for practice. If you happen to live in a climate where it is an issue, those who do not know of this little shortcoming might want to be made aware of it.

True enough. I've had mine out a few times below freezing without problems. It also holds zero.

The second one I picked up which won't adjust windage properly is a used Sightmark AT5g. It is substantially bulkier than the NC star and no brighter. It weights more too. I do like the mount, which is offset intended to be mounted on the side of a quad rail. Less nice for the rail on the bottom of the gas block.

I fully expected the NC star to die a long time ago, but it keeps working.

What I would like to see is a compact model using CR123 mounted sideways behind the beam. That way recoil does not hammer on the ends of the battery.Pulse on momentary would be a plus since it is more visible, and saves battery. I'd love a pistol size mount there if it could hold up to the beating.

NCStar APRLSMG

Just be aware that if you live in a part of the country that has a "real" winter, green lasers will NOT work in the cold!

• Operating temperature: 59 - 95 degrees Fahrenheit

Above from NCStar's site.

So, does this not work in hot climates too?

NCStar APRLSMG

Just be aware that if you live in a part of the country that has a "real" winter, green lasers will NOT work in the cold!

• Operating temperature: 59 - 95 degrees Fahrenheit

Above from NCStar's site.

So, does this not work in hot climates too?

That's CYA, not actual operating temps.

STAY AWAY FROM THE UTG LS 269!!!

That POS wanders on every shot! I first thought that it was the W/E screws moving, so I tacked them down with inspector's laccquer. NOPE! Still moved, so it's the internals moving around!

I have a tendency to shy away from most utg products

for similar construction, I would say so. ~$11 for 3 piece machined aluminum. Other companies sell similar shapes machined from billet for over $100/pair.

Probably sawed from extrusions and cleaned up. Next closest in cost that I often see are weaver branded made in china rings that have a sheet metal top strap.

Buy what you think makes sense.

There is another UTG green laser out there, but it's another $50 more, and not found locally. If it's UTG PRO, it's probably good, but anything else from them is Chineese made.

The UTG PRO AK dual rail sidemount works good and is solid, but on the non-PRO version the secondary rail is machined from extrusion and sticks out another centimeter, also the aluminium is thinner. Price difference is about $20. ($38 vs. $58)

The laser is getting sold at the local gun show this weekend.

Ya I hear you there. I recently picked up a 30-30 as a gift and have thought about putting a different scope on there. But the last thing scope related i bought was a Burris P.E.P.R. mount which I really enjoy on my Bushmaster.

ETA: photo pulled from internet. Much easier than digging it out.

post-36889-0-07357000-1376864634_thumb.jpg

Edited by renegade331