"Ivan"

I queried TGS where mine is on preorder and they said it may ship at any time now "pending paperwork", whatever that means.

tritium,

Ship from Russia or the US? Customs paperwork or filing FFL transfer paperwork? Big, big differences. Maybe TGS could be a little more specific. If the Saigas are by some miracle in the US I bet new "pre-orders" would be flying pronto.

The answer sounds evasive. Maybe you can pose the clarifying questions dangling the carrot of a rush of new orders if the hardware is on this side of the ocean.

I'd sure like to know as I'm in the market for a new S-12.....at the right price. Not the current hyper-inflated one based on a very limited supply. And I don't think I am alone here.

Thanks and good luck on getting yours sooner, not later.

Wolverine :smoke:

I queried TGS where mine is on preorder and they said it may ship at any time now "pending paperwork", whatever that means.

tritium,

Ship from Russia or the US? Customs paperwork or filing FFL transfer paperwork? Big, big differences. Maybe TGS could be a little more specific. If the Saigas are by some miracle in the US I bet new "pre-orders" would be flying pronto.

The answer sounds evasive. Maybe you can pose the clarifying questions dangling the carrot of a rush of new orders if the hardware is on this side of the ocean.

I'd sure like to know as I'm in the market for a new S-12.....at the right price. Not the current hyper-inflated one based on a very limited supply. And I don't think I am alone here.

Thanks and good luck on getting yours sooner, not later.

Wolverine :smoke:

I will try to drag some more info out of them early next week. :unsure:

wolverine, I thought I told you what the delay was? noone is going to nail down a day that they will be here, because the russians consider that particular information an industrial/state secret. why would they want the world knowing the output of thier arms plants? well, they dont. The american order WILL be shipped when its ready. period. Its really as simple as that.

stop bugging the people, because the russians wont tell them when either. It will only make everybody thats going to sell them think to charge more, the more people request them, and the arrival date.

FYI - the same double barreled coach gun in the same store that was previously an EAA import, and is now a remington import, is now about 120-130 dollars more expensive, and it is the exact same gun. when it used to be 250, and is now 370, you get an idea of the markup that might be in store for the saigas when they finally arrive. bugging the distributers and importer will only make them want to charge more, because they have X guns coming, and XX people calling about them.

patience is a virtue, not like I am one to talk.

wolverine, I thought I told you what the delay was? noone is going to nail down a day that they will be here, because the russians consider that particular information an industrial/state secret. why would they want the world knowing the output of thier arms plants? well, they dont. The american order WILL be shipped when its ready. period. Its really as simple as that.

stop bugging the people, because the russians wont tell them when either. It will only make everybody thats going to sell them think to charge more, the more people request them, and the arrival date.

FYI - the same double barreled coach gun in the same store that was previously an EAA import, and is now a remington import, is now about 120-130 dollars more expensive, and it is the exact same gun. when it used to be 250, and is now 370, you get an idea of the markup that might be in store for the saigas when they finally arrive. bugging the distributers and importer will only make them want to charge more, because they have X guns coming, and XX people calling about them.

patience is a virtue, not like I am one to talk.

Bvamp,

I'm not looking for the "day and hour". I'm looking for credibility in all the dis/information disseminated to this point. As might be expected tritium inquired about his pre-order.........then was advised it is now a mere matter of "paperwork". I think it is perfectly reasonable to ask what paperwork since it would shed some light on whether his and other Saigas are actually near or far.

If dealers think strong interest or inquiries will support higher prices and increased sales I wish them well because they will be rudely awakened. There are too many guys like Pistonring and I that will not pay more than $400-$450 maximum. Otherwise they can dust them off everyday until hell freezes over.

Everything is a State secret in Russia. Putin has been tightening the rein for some time now and Russia is moving more toward the old USSR model rather than a democratic republic. :rolleyes:

In my opinion it is Remington that is focking the US consumers on the former EAA imported product pricing. It is the same Russian and other foreign manufacturers, just a different US corporation and list of distributors who all take their cue and MSRP from Ram-a-ton. In other words Remingtom believes they can get the asking price based on their "glorius" name being stamped on the gun....and little more. Marketing, marketing, marketing...............:rolleyes:

Wolverine

WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THE STUFF IS IN THE UNITED STATES YET.

IF IT IS NOT IN THE U.S., WE ARE LOOKING AT A LONG WAIT I WOULD GUESS. SHIPPING IS NOT FAST, IT IS COMING FROM RUSSIA TO THE U.S. BY BOAT, SHIPMENTS NEED TO BE INSPECTED AND CUSTOMS IS GETTING REAL FUNNY WITH ALL SORTS OF SHIPMENTS.

IF IT IS NOT IN THE U.S., WE ARE LOOKING AT A LONG WAIT I WOULD GUESS. SHIPPING IS NOT FAST, IT IS COMING FROM RUSSIA TO THE U.S. BY BOAT, SHIPMENTS NEED TO BE INSPECTED AND CUSTOMS IS GETTING REAL FUNNY WITH ALL SORTS OF SHIPMENTS.

Word today is that they are in shipment across the Atlantic at this time. Gues we'll see what transpires. :chris:

tritium

Slag who the heck is Ivan? Is that him with the badass loking S-12? I want to know where that front sight came from. That is exactly what I'm looking for. It doesn't look like the ones on the 12Ks or the Swat 12 but it has the same hider. I wonder what goes on that lug?

Oh shit I hear big thunder coming from over near your side of town. may have to get off here for awhile. You know what that means don't ya? When we hear thunder in the winter in NC it means there will be snow in 7 days.

Word today is that they are in shipment across the Atlantic at this time. Gues we'll see what transpires. :chris:

tritium

I have heard that since June/July.

tritium

Just passing along what I was told as up to the date info as of 12/28. We'll just have to keep the fingers crossed and see what happens. <_>

tritium

Just passing along what I was told as up to the date info as of 12/28. We'll just have to keep the fingers crossed and see what happens. <_>

So the info I posted is consistent with the report below of the ship arriving 12/30.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=9065

Hope it's correct anyway. We'll find out in a couple of weeks.

tritium

I want to know where that front sight came from. That is exactly what I'm looking for. It doesn't look like the ones on the 12Ks or the Swat 12 but it has the same hider.

The front sight (but not the flash hider) look like the one that Russian Military has?

ASD-M1 /-M2 /-M3 front sights & ASD-M4 rear sight piece

These AK-type front sight are made specially for Saiga 20, .410 & 12 shotguns. If coupled with ASD-M4 rear sight piece, they increase the aiming line, which improves accuracy. Each front sight comes with vertical sight adjusting wrench

ASD-M1 (20) Price: £27-95

ASD-M2 (410) Price: £25-95

ASD-M3 (12) Price: £29-95

ASD-M4 (12, 20,410) Price: £4-95

post-1223-1136027601_thumb.jpgpost-1223-1136027601_thumb.jpg

No I have the front sight from rusmil on my .410 and a 12. The one pictured at the top is different and much better quality than the ones offered by rusmil. Notice instead of having those gay ass screw clamps on the bottom this one is double pinned to the barrel on top like a real AK sight and also has a bayo lug on the bottom. That FH is threaded onto the barrel and not part of the sight like the ones at rusmil. it also apprears to be made of good quality steel unlike that potmetal crap the rusmil sights are made of. I want one! I'm having a similar one custom made right now by a friend in Bulgaria. ;)

No I have the front sight from rusmil on my .410 and a 12. The one pictured at the top is different and much better quality than the ones offered by rusmil. Notice instead of having those gay ass screw clamps on the bottom this one is double pinned to the barrel on top like a real AK sight and also has a bayo lug on the bottom. That FH is threaded onto the barrel and not part of the sight like the ones at rusmil. it also apprears to be made of good quality steel unlike that potmetal crap the rusmil sights are made of. I want one! I'm having a similar one custom made right now by a friend in Bulgaria. ;)

Cobra, I have one of those potmetal crap rusmilitary sights. I've thought of replacing it with the Krebs Custom sight close copy. What do you suggest I do? The sight at the top also looks bigger and taller, Maybe It's just the picture. Any chance that any of us on this forum can get in on this better made Bulgarian sight with the bayo lug that your friend is making for you. Maybe a group purchase? I'm sure that a lot of other members would be interested in one. I just don't like garbage on my S12 and something has to be done with that hunk.

Edited by TacticalResponse

I would say go for it. Topmaul has one on his and likes it. It's made of high quality steel and uses AR front sight pins so you can even get trijicon glow sights. Topmaul has a crosshair rectical sight pin on his. It's pretty cool. I have heard some say that the Krebs sight is a little taller and they had to trim a little off the bottom of the front sight pin. If you ever go with a traditional AK set of HGs this will be a plus because you will have to get up over the upper HG with your sight plane.

Please let me know if you decide to get rid of the rusmil sight. I have a conversion I'm doing that could use one.

I would say go for it. Topmaul has one on his and likes it. It's made of high quality steel and uses AR front sight pins so you can even get trijicon glow sights. Topmaul has a crosshair rectical sight pin on his. It's pretty cool. I have heard some say that the Krebs sight is a little taller and they had to trim a little off the bottom of the front sight pin. If you ever go with a traditional AK set of HGs this will be a plus because you will have to get up over the upper HG with your sight plane.

Please let me know if you decide to get rid of the rusmil sight. I have a conversion I'm doing that could use one.

Krebs Custom is always is always backordered on that sight. this is the first time that I've heard anything about that sight so I guess that I will order one from them. Instead of throwing that piece of crap into the canyon behind my house when the new one arrives, I will send it to you instead. I don't know why you want it! what type of conversion are you going to do to it? Heat it up with a torch and turn it into an ingot ship it back to Russia! Your friend in Bulgaria could probably make some money making his version for us though. We could add it to our growing list of accessories.

Edited by TacticalResponse

The gentleman pictured is not named Ivan, his name is Vladimir Makarov. I have done business with him over the years and he is a great guy. He is also a cop in Russia, so anything you see him holding or posing with is most likely something from his armsroom for his agency.

And they have some very cool stuff!

The gentleman pictured is not named Ivan, his name is Vladimir Makarov. I have done business with him over the years and he is a great guy. He is also a cop in Russia, so anything you see him holding or posing with is most likely something from his armsroom for his agency.

And they have some very cool stuff!

You should ask the guy to buy a few of those swat S12's and part them out to the U.S. He can buy them for under $100, cut them up and sell just the FH/front site, folding stock and some other misc parts to the U.S. for $300.