ARTA's SAIGA (in France)...

gallery_2609_7_93852.jpg

gallery_2609_7_93852.jpg

hello everybody, from the south of France (Europe)!...

I am fan of SAIGA, and I read your forum for a few moment. Now I decide to come with you, if you want of course... :angel: but my english is not very good...

I by a 223 SAIGA with a Kobra red point, and I like to use it.

By my the problem is to find loader of 30 bullets...impossible in France. Then I decided to by one for AK74 5.56x45 in polymère and to transform it. Could you please tell me how to do it ? :rolleyes:

thank you very much for your help

ARTA

gallery_2609_7_93852.jpg

hello everybody, from the south of France (Europe)!...

I am fan of SAIGA, and I read your forum for a few moment. Now I decide to come with you, if you want of course... :angel: but my english is not very good...

I by a 223 SAIGA with a Kobra red point, and I like to use it.

By my the problem is to find loader of 30 bullets...impossible in France. Then I decided to by one for AK74 5.56x45 in polymère and to transform it. Could you please tell me how to do it ? :rolleyes:

thank you very much for your help

ARTA

med_gallery_2609_7_21479.jpg

ARTA: vive de lafayette!

good to see another frenchman here. when us american crazy rednecks make fun of france, we are not talking about you!

nice saiga.

30 round magazines can be had from a place in england. they have a tough time keeping them in stock, and the wait is long from what I can tell. www.rusmilitary.com

otherwise, there are plenty of guys here that have done the magazine conversions, and I am sure they will explain how to install the feed ramp you need soon. I have a saiga shotgun, so I havent had to do the magazine conversion myself.

hah. is my saiga 12 a good gun? Ill tell you a little about it.

Ive had it for several years. the first time I stripped it down completely and cleaned it properly was about a month ago. I had fired 5-6000 rounds of all types down it at that point. about 250 of those rounds were seriously rusted and damaged slugs, buckshot, and steel birdshot rounds that had been ruined during a duck hunt years ago. Those shells when I fired them, were flying apart as they were ejected. other than 2 or 3 that were so damaged, they had to be fed by hand, not one jam happened. I abused the shotgun as best I could, and it has not failed me. I did clean it a bit too much I think, because it thought it was new again, and I had some problems with it until I figured out that I had to oil up the gas piston and also change how the gas regulator was set. I also like to train in the rain and snow, and the saiga12 is great because it is painted. It has not one speck of rust on it. It is the last gun to be wiped down after a session in the rain because I know its not going to rust up on me. With a red dot mounted on it, I get a one-hole group with 5 slugs consistantly at about 50 yards.

I have a remington 870, a mossberg 500, and I havent shot either of them since I bought my saiga 12. Its a great gun.

as for the feed ramp, like I said, I dont have a saiga rifle. I havent done the feed ramp conversion, so I wont try to explain what is involved. many here have, and will tell you how to do it I am sure.

I have a lot of guns of all kinds, and even though I like them all, I prefer the saiga12 I have over all of them. second favorite is hard to decide. Its either my ar15 or sar1. I have a gallery with pictures of some of my guns in the photo gallery section if you want to check them out.

Just so you know? the 223 and 7.62x39mm rounds make GREAT firewood cutting implements. Not sure how your shooting range is where you are, but I shoot down trees and make gravel out of boulders where I shoot.

new york state is getting pretty bad with gun control. I might move somewhere where I can own a machine gun and start buying those.

I didnt think handguns were legal in france. also, I thought semi-automatic is illegal in france as well?

ARTA,

Greetings and welcome to the Saiga forum.

You have a very nice looking S- .223. I think we can help you from here. You need a bullet guide and to modify some 30 round mags that can be purchased all over Europe.

Follow these two links on how to make and install the bullet guide and how to modify a magazine to fit your .223 Saiga rifle.

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/step_8.htm

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/step_10.htm

You are welcome to stick around the forum, to ask questions and share information. Good luck in your quest.

Be sure you are in compliance with all firearms laws in your country and regional district if you decide to make the suggested modifications.

COBRA and I are partial to using Bulgarian waffle mags in .223 caliber. They require minor modifications to work very reliably in the .223.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...&cat=248&page=3

I have two Saiga .223 rifles. One converted to pistol grip and one stock model as permited for importation in the US as a "sporterized" model.

Wolverine

Wolverine,

Thank you for your welcome.

I have the same bulgarian waffle mag in 223 caliber, then I hope to have only litlle modifications to work in my saiga. Is a feed ramp necessary ?

Thank you very much for your help.

See you next time on your forum, it's time for me to go sleeping at 00h00 here in France !...

Best regards

ARTA

Wolverine,

Thank you for your welcome.

I have the same bulgarian waffle mag in 223 caliber, then I hope to have only litlle modifications to work in my saiga. Is a feed ramp necessary ?Thank you very much for your help.

See you next time on your forum, it's time for me to go sleeping at 00h00 here in France !...

Best regards

ARTA

ARTA,

Yes, a feed ramp is necessary unless you can modify the magazine to the same design as a 10 round Saiga .223 magazine. The Saiga's front lip is much higher. I have used various compounds trying to form a lip on a synthetic mag. that would work without a feed ramp. it works for a while but the "steel" compound does not stand up to the beating. The other option is to weld up a metal magazine. This has been done succesfully. A fellow on the board by the name of High Cap sells them two for $65 US. I do not know if he would ship overseas as there may be issues with the authorities (BATFE) in this country on exporting firearms related goods without license or permit. High Cap has more experience with this and can advise you if you send him a personal message using this PM forums system. See the related thread for information on High Caps .223 mags:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=8213

Lastly, you can modify several different types of mags to work with a bullet guide. I have used synthetic Galils in .223 with some success. There are issues with reliable feeding based on the low rise and stripping of the round. German Bakelites have been used as have Weigers. Bulgarian mags too.

If you shave and fit the rear tang and top feed lips slightly after trimming the front sidewalls (down and back about 3/4 inch) to match the Saiga 10 round .223 mag., the Bulgarians will snap right in and run flawlessly.

If you run into questions or problems feel free to ask one of us will get you the answer. COBRA knows the details on the Bulgarians or Bulgys as we call them.

It is 1:00 AM here. time to go. Press on and enjoy!!

Wolverine :smoke:

Hi Arta

welcome to saiga12.com

I live in England and i have 30 round magazines for my saiga , i also modify 30 round steel magazines to work in my saiga , the modification is simple and only requires a small bit of steel plate and some neat tig welding. if you need help with anything just ask or Private Message me.

all the best

assassin

Hello Wolverine,

I will ask for High Cap ( in PM) , if he could sent me two mags in France.

I have licence for my saiga, I am regular.

For me it could be the best solution.

See you

ARTA

Hello ASSASSIN,

you have an MP !...

see you

ARTA

Whoa!! Hey, am I the only one that notices that that Saiga .223 has EXP-01 on the side, as well as the sidefolder rear trunion and stock lockdown? That must be what is available in Europe. I am jealous! That is a genuine EXP-01!! Just like the 12 guage shottys, that thing is the latest issue from Izhmash. Too cool. I guess they do the bolt locking lug change so the "sporter" mags can only be used, but all else seems to the state of the art Izhmash stuff. Incredible.

Hey, Cobra, did you catch that? Why the hell can't we import these?

Edited by inparidel

I too saw that it has "Saiga M3 exp-01" stamped on it, meaning thats a factory folder, and front end, I never thought i'd be jeleaous of the French! On further review, i see it also has the indents for the mag well, all we get is a rivet!

Edited by SaigaShooter

Yeh I saw that in his 1st thread. Funny thing is it has the short barrel and skeleton stock like the MK 02. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=ST...st=0#entry73741

The M3 01 has a long barrel and FH instead of the dummy brake.

that one must have been speacial ordered.

Way Cool .223!

Hello everybody,

you seems to be surprised about my M3 EXP-01 saiga ?

what are the differences beetwen mine and the others ?

do you have special one for US market ?

the certificate of my saiga said : 136 OTK and 127 OTK ? what this mean ?

for the moment I don't arrive to transform my Kvar mag in 30 rounds...

I am disappointed...

friendly

ARTA