POS?

No those cost $800 and perform worse than a HP. 

Bet yall know the one.

Yes, a piece of shit. You can buy a new Chevy spark automobile for less than 13K. It will get you to your job and back for years. Does it work? Yes! Is it a low end piece of shit? Yes! Is it as reliable as cars costing more? Most likely not.

Get what you pay for most of the time.

It's a fun pistol that I keep locked up in my tool box without a holster. Maybe some day I will need to shoot it again. I paid 90 bucks for it new on sale in Kalispell. It's a piece of shit that goes bang. It would wear out in a month if I shot it like my Grand power or Glock.

• Like 1

POS?

No those cost $800 and perform worse than a HP. 

Bet yall know the one.

The $800 thing could cover a lot of pistols. Which did you have in mind.

Probably my old Colt Gold cup.

Ha Ha Ha! You Think?

I couldn't find it but someone on youtube made a very well reasoned video about how people have different standards for cheap guns vs. expensive guns and that the standards are backwards.

When you have a malfunction in your hi-point, the gun is a POS. When you have the same malfunction in your Ed Brown, you should have used better ammo...

You guys are great...

Here is the point, we all know of pistols costing a LOT more I wouldn't trust with my dogs life (rather attached to the old pit bull) much less my family's.

Expectations unfulfilled.

HP serves a very useful role as something you could afford to lose YET gets the job done. 

Expectations fulfilled.

• Like 2

Hi Point is basically all there is for most people. Its kinda sad how the entry-level pistol market is so empty. Hi Point, then you jump to a Sigma, which is only a short step from the ultra-reliable XD. The only guns in-between are unreliable Taurus products.

A bedside drawer can usually accommodate a Hi Point as well as a 3x as expensive name brand.

I couldn't find it but someone on youtube made a very well reasoned video about how people have different standards for cheap guns vs. expensive guns and that the standards are backwards.

When you have a malfunction in your hi-point, the gun is a POS. When you have the same malfunction in your Ed Brown, you should have used better ammo...

That why I work on guns to make them the best they can be. They all go bang and make holes in people.

• Like 1

Rank pistols/weapons by how much they will be shot, after the go bang factor. Entry market pistol, couple boxes to check function and get familiar. Most night stand, tool box guns fall in this category. Expect 100's  of rounds, no. Most gun owners just practice couple time a year, yet want a defensive weapon. Have my reliable daily carriers and regular shooters. Have many stuck away pistols, and vehicle/out building rifles/pistols. $99 SKS fell in this category. Go bang, work. Paranoid, no. Just had to deal with predators too often, 4 legged mostly and 2 legged at times.

Hi Point is basically all there is for most people. Its kinda sad how the entry-level pistol market is so empty. Hi Point, then you jump to a Sigma, which is only a short step from the ultra-reliable XD. The only guns in-between are unreliable Taurus products.

A bedside drawer can usually accommodate a Hi Point as well as a 3x as expensive name brand.

I think they all want to be pretty. Being pretty means looking like something more expensive, looking being the key.

But you are right, huge gap between HP and who ever is next and frankly I would take the HP over those guys.