More .22LR at Cabelas - $17.99 for 325 (6 cents/round) - Federal

This isn't as good a deal as the 2100 rounds in an ammo can I posted before, but with free or $5 shipping, it's still one of the better 22LR bargains in a while.  If you have the Cabela's Visa you can get free shipping with promo code 3Turkey or without a Cabela's card, $5 shipping with code 3Holiday if you spend $99

Of course they have a one box per customer limit, but that's why it's still in stock.

Search for item # IK-217673

With $5 shipping it comes out to 7 cents per round, but if you pick up some other ammo on sale to offset the shipping charges, it's a pretty good deal given current conditions.   If you don't buy other ammo at the same time, the shipping charge is $5.95...still reasonable. 

I hope this helps some of you before it sells out.

post-47428-0-95416400-1383162402.jpg

edited to update promo code info

Edited by SGL
  • Like 1

Our local Walmart used to have 10-15 boxes of this stuff on the shelves everytime you walked in for 14.57/box about 18 months ago. It is good shooting stuff. I stocked up on 25 boxes or so over a course of a couple of months, but left a lot on the shelves. Now I wish I had bought more. 22LR supply scares me, it is the only caliber I can't reload, and therefore at the mercy of the supplier.

• Like 1

I picked up a box of this from W-M not too long ago. I'd love to know what makes it "ideal" for semi autos.

I have tried alot of different brands and have determined reliability for my own rifle, a ruger 10-22.  1. cci minimag (either kind) 2. automatch, 3.cci blazer, 4-7 any winchester, remington, or federal blue box.

The name may just be a gimmick, but I have had nothing but good luck with them.  I fucking wish my walmart would have some. 

Automatch has been all I have shot over the past year. I don't know what makes it "ideal" for semis, but I have run it through my 10-22, my TacSol AR-22, and my daughter's Ruger 22-45 Lite with never a hiccup. I will buy more if I find it. Like Rhodes though, I save my meager stash of CCI's for "black tie" shooting events :)

Sans the wit;

In Federal I have preferred the Champion line, still have a few boxes as dont seem be able to find any lately (yeah what a surprise). 

For a semi a round needs to be well made, consistent firmly seated bullet, and enough of a charge to cycle the action.

I know of no other point that would make a difference to a semi.

It aint supersonic velocity as CCI Subsonics and Standards run like clockwork in Marlin and Ruger. Of course if the charge gets too low a semi wont cycle so no Remington or Federal Subsonics for me.

Of course if one could afford it the competition brands like Eley work pretty damn good also.

But this is all about marketing.

CDNN sent an ad email advertising Federal American Eagle at $54.99 a 500 rd brick. At the Topeka gun show last weekend there were some less than scrupulous dealers trying to get $90 a brick. Average was $75. I just can't convince myself I am that desperate. Sure wish the mini mags were on sale somewhere. I still have some .223 with a price of $7.75 a box of 50. I guess that will date it. So, were those the good ol' days. Wonder what I'll be saying in another 20 years? 

You might be able to sneak an order in if you missed out.  It still shows out of stock on the site, but I was just able to place another order and it shows in stock on my receipt.  I've done this before.  Sometimes it shows up right away, sometimes it takes a week or two.

PM me for a link. (respecting forum rules)

My local Walmart had about 20 boxes of american eagle 223 ammo for 69.99 a box of 150. MidwayUSA also has the Remington Golden Bullet a box of 1400 for 59.99 it is on back order but you can still order it, as long as you are wiling to wait until December it will come out to under .06 a round. They also have some other 22LR available to backorder.

If any of you guys are near me (Fort Pierce/Port St. Lucie, FL) I have more than I need in 22LR.  I would be willing to give some to forum members at my cost which for most was about 50-60 for a box of 500 that was including my shipping cost. If you needed me to ship it to you then you are better off paying 75 at the gun show.  As long as I wouldn't be violating forum rules by doing so.

CDNN sent an ad email advertising Federal American Eagle at $54.99 a 500 rd brick. At the Topeka gun show last weekend there were some less than scrupulous dealers trying to get $90 a brick. Average was $75. I just can't convince myself I am that desperate. Sure wish the mini mags were on sale somewhere. I still have some .223 with a price of $7.75 a box of 50. I guess that will date it. So, were those the good ol' days. Wonder what I'll be saying in another 20 years? 

You'll be saying "I remember when you could purchase ammo at a store, bring it home, and shoot it!  Those were the days, then came the march of the Mobamites.  Curse them.  Now lets go down and press out a few rounds so we can sneak out and shoot them off tomorrow."