disappointing first time out with my MKA

I've been collecting parts for this build for the past 6 months. Finally got everything and got it together. Found some time to shoot it and try to get it sighted in. Well put 50 rounds thru it and not a one cycled properly. It's an XN, and i was shooting 1350 fps rounds. It looked like the bolt was coming half way back. I'm hoping the lighter spring will take care of it. Any suggestions?

Picture103_zps75f29b24.jpgPicture118_zps56466db1.jpg

had the same problem get read of your federal /winchester ammo and go with remmington ammo and get yourself a gas booster bushing that should solve most of your problem!!

and will some one take a look at my bolt and tell me if it is #### please thankyou

Since you've bought an expensive fire bird receiver, I am sure you could drop a line to the guy who made it, jim lambert. I'd be surprised if he didn't give you a lot of customer support. On this forum his screen name is gentleman Jim. Anubis works for firebird too. They have their own subsection too. 

had the same problem get read of your federal /winchester ammo and go with remmington ammo and get yourself a gas booster bushing that should solve most of your problem!!

and will some one take a look at my bolt and tell me if it is #### please thankyou

Really?  I shot the shit out of my XN with Super-X 2 3/4" 00 buck, it loved it.  I'm currently shooting the hell out of some 00 PMC "High Velocity" 2 3/4" now.

And I'm running bone stock at the moment.  The MKA is addicting.  lol

Gunfun,

I guess i didn't think the FB lower would have anything yo do with the lack of the gun cycling. The gun still has the factory gas system. Everything worked fine other than the slow cycling.

Yeoldetool,

Thanks. I went with the complete lower just because it was an easy way to make 922 compliant.

I was thinking more of the total package, parts conflicts or break in. I didn't think the problem was likely to be the lower's fault, I thought Jim knows the subject inside and out and would probably want to help his customers have a good experience. He would know any of the parts conflicts and the quick places to check for tuning problems. - I know a lot of people start with a booster in those then remove it after the gun wears in.

It's better advertising for him to have you at the range with a gun that looks awesome and runs awesome, than with his logo catching eyes as you rack out jams and curse the gun. As far as that goes, the image has little to do with the actual cause.