Well my other hunting post was about my 8 minute Whitetail season.....I just filled my Mule Deer tag with a 10 yard shot!

We were hunting Elk, and had spent 2 1/2 hours covering the first 1/2 mile of trail when he came over the ridge right to me. I must have Deer magnets or something this year. He was coming directly to me from behind and stopped 15yds uphill. Muleys are curious, so I stayed still and turned toward him when he was behind a tree. We had a few minute stand-off while he tried to figure out what my intentions were. When he walked behind the next tree, I rose my rifle and aimed.....he poked out from behind the tree and "Blammo!" Neck shot, through the spine @ 10yds. and only a 1/2 mile drag, downhill to the truck! Took only 30 minutes to get him to the truck.

For those who care about antlers, he was just a 2x2 buck, but a meaty bastard! Wheeeee-Haw!!!

• Like 1

Not sure if it made National news, but we are now allowed to keep our Roadkill for food as well. Anyway, thanks, he is good eats and I split the meat w/my hunting buddy, even though I did all of the work,....we hunt together, we eat together!

Our season starts in a couple weeks, I hope to put some meat in the freezer for the winter.  

PA hunting is kinda tricky.  We can only shoot a buck if he has three tines on each side (bullshit).  Doe season will start on the busiest time of the year where I work, so if I dont bag a buck, im fucked.  In that case, my hopes ride on my dad and his generosity.