should I trade my decked out Beretta storm for mags?

I bought a 9mm storm carbine then added on the top side & bottom rails, a short foregrip , two 15 rd mags, three 20 rd mags with spacers, a m3 light, the factory barrel shroud & a side sling mount.

I never ever fire the thing & it just sits in a case behind my door so should I just get rid of it? I could use a nice 410 saiga or even a bunch of factory 8 round 12 gauge mags more then I need the thing anyway.

If I get rid of it how many mags should I ask for? I dont wanna look like a idiot and ask for to many or to few. With all those factory extra parts I kinda jacked the price up on the thing :cryss:

what to do :unsure:

I bought a 9mm storm carbine then added on the top side & bottom rails, a short foregrip , two 15 rd mags, three 20 rd mags with spacers, a m3 light, the factory barrel shroud & a side sling mount.

I never ever fire the thing & it just sits in a case behind my door so should I just get rid of it? I could use a nice 410 saiga or even a bunch of factory 8 round 12 gauge mags more then I need the thing anyway.

If I get rid of it how many mags should I ask for? I dont wanna look like a idiot and ask for to many or to few. With all those factory extra parts I kinda jacked the price up on the thing :cryss:

Can't help you on what to ask for it, but I would like to know if the barrel shroud is worth having.

I let another officer carry my 9mm Storm while we were deployed in New Orleans after the hurricane.

He really liked it (of course he's a short runt), and since then I have been thinking of outfitting mine.

yeh, i wouldnt go trading it for one saiga. you might be able to convice cobra 76 two here to trade you one of his converted s12's and a mag or two for the thing.

the factory 8 rounders are had for about 90-100 a pop, from overseas with the long wait, or when you buy them here in the states, without the long wait, they go from 120-950,000. :) me personally? seeing how I often buy/trade guns and all that nice stuff FTF here in the lovely state of NY, I would honestly ask for 125% of the gun's value with all the extras if you want to swap it for just magazines. You did say its just sitting there never used, so its a mint gun with the works on it, and unless *I* got another gun in trade for it, regardless of accessories, I would seriously ask more for it if there is no firearm coming back your way. I am thinking of it from a collector's standpoint, though. I always look to make my collection more numerous or of better quality, and is a large factor in how I trade/buy/sell stuff here.

you should be able to get a few 8 rounders and cash out of someone here, if you poke some offers around, at the least. Id seriously consider another gun AND mags instead of just the mags, as I doubt someone HAS that many 8 rounders to even trade you.

good luck.

Can't help you on what to ask for it, but I would like to know if the barrel shroud is worth having.

I let another officer carry my 9mm Storm while we were deployed in New Orleans after the hurricane.

He really liked it (of course he's a short runt), and since then I have been thinking of outfitting mine.

I really just got the shroud because I didn't like the look of that thin barrel. It really doesn't add that much to the weight of the gun anyway.

If you want to outfit yours then this would be the place to get parts from http://www.houtsenterprises.com/cx4.html this is the place I got all my accessories from.

I ended up paying $500 for my cx4 with two 15 rd mags then all the other stuff came to another $460. I wish I would have just bought mags or a converted 410 in the first place. Oh the joy of impulse buying, gotta have it now because its new & cool :blink:

• 1 month later...
\

I never ever fire the thing & it just sits in a case behind my door so should I just get rid of it?

as a fellow cx4 storm owner i must ask, are you a crack smoker? hell no you shouldn't get rid of it. what you should do it take it to the range run some rounds through it. the cx4 storm is a great firearm. it turns a lot of heads and its a blast to shoot.

He really liked it (of course he's a short runt)

well at 6'2 and 275 lbs i'm definately no runt and love mine

mine is chambered in .45 acp with all the rails, red dot scope, laser, 2 stock spacers, and a folding front grip.

cx4withkit.jpg

I have no doubt this post will be upsetting to some, but I just don't see the point in a pistol carbine. I suppose if you're worried about over-penetration it'd be a good thing to have. And I suppose if you're going to silence your weapon, it'd be a good idea too. And I guess it'd be a fun/cheap plinkin' gun. But beyond those three things, I don't understand and I'd rid myself of a CX4 if there were other guns that I wanted more.

If over-penetration is a concern, I'd stick with a shotgun. It has penetration similar to a pistol bullet, but more variable depending on shotsize used. Unless precesion work is needed with a low-penetrating bullet, I'd go with a shotgun, and if precision work is needed with a low-penetrating bullet then the shit has already hit the fan and I'd rather step up to the lethality and increased accuracy of a rifle.

If plinking is the issue, I guess it'd be fun at ranges that don't allow bottlenecked rounds, but I thought a .22 was the cheapest gun followed by a 7.62x39. Military surplus is cheaper than 9mm I thought...At ranges that don't allow bottleneck, i'd go with the .22 instead of the 9mm for cost anyway.

Give me my rifle for accuracy and lethality, give me my shotgun for situations where I have to worry about penetration, and give me military surplus guns or a .22 for cost efficiency.

Just my $0.02

Edited by AegisDei

I have a 9mm Storm I bought at the last gunshow. It's alot of fun to shoot for grins and giggles. It holds 15 rounds in a mag and can be easily converted for left hand dominant use. Good for lefties like me!!!

The CX-4 Storm is marketed a policeman's patrol car back up weapon. It comes in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. The mags are interchangeable with varying Beretta pistol mags. the idea is to have the mags fully interchangeable with the handgun the officer is wearing.

The market appeal is casual target plinking and home defense for those who are not LEO's.

No way would I trade or sell mine. I can't wait for this freakin cold snap to pass so I can go waste some more 9mm ammo. It's 3 degrees F outside right now. Too cold to stand around for an hour or two.

AmmoMan sells some 124 gr. FMJ Federal 9mm at $149 for 1k rounds delivered. Wolf 115 gr. can be had for $95 + shipping from SG for 1000 rds. So, about $0.11 to $0.15 per rd. With the new price of Wolf for .223 and 7.62 which is cheaper to shoot?

Wolverine :smoke: