My dad gave me this. It was his when he was a kid, and it still worked when I got it. By far my favorite toy.

That's friggin' great. My mom was one to keep things cleaned out and make things disappear. :( Maybe that's where I get it from.  I wish I still had some of that old stuff.

• Like 1

Soooo... apparently not a good idea to shoot your daughter in the leg with an airsoft after her and the wife shoot me several times everywhere and in the face with nerf darts....guess I'm in the dog house for a while....

Edited by jwulf
  • Like 2

I don't remember the name of it but I got a really cool jungle safari set with a rifle and handgun in about 5th grade. I took it to school for show and tell and got chewed out and had to walk it back home during lunch break. And this was long before the present day hysteria over guns in schools.

I don't remember the name of it but I got a really cool jungle safari set with a rifle and handgun in about 5th grade. I took it to school for show and tell and got chewed out and had to walk it back home during lunch break. And this was long before the present day hysteria over guns in schools.

True story... When I was in the 6th grade. I brought my single shot .22 to school, on the bus, with a box of shells and leaned it behind the Principal's door when I got to school. After school a few friends and I went out back into the swamp to kill rats. The year after that the swamp became part of a golf course, so that was no more.

Life and times were VERY different then. 

Edited by Yeoldetool
  • Like 1

My dad gave me this. It was his when he was a kid, and it still worked when I got it. By far my favorite toy.

I have to admit that was a cool toy.

Maybe if you combine the Marine Raider with the U238 Atomic Lab you would have this;

07DaveyCrockettM388NuclearWeaponRecoille

• Like 1

The raider was fun as fuck. And for being a toy, the neighbor kids hated me. lol. It was strong enough to blacken your eyes, and hurt rather bad if you hit someone in the head, and I even broke out a window with it in the neighbors kitchen. lol. It had some ass behind it, but was fun as hell. They just dont make toys like they used to.

That's a great picture Doc.  You looked like a proud owner of that machine gun.  I spent countless hours playing with guns and toy army figures and tanks as a kid.  I had a pretty good collection to pass on to my youngest brother when he came along and his interest was peaked.  Among my dad and three brothers I was clearly the biggest fan of firearms.  My dad hunted but was not much of a target shooter or plinker.