Powder for handgun is a big problem

Jerry52, GunFun,

I hear ya both on the .380acp. I reload for my Bersa Thunder and I found out right away that such a small case is tough to meter for. Me personally, I have found it easier and safer to just use the Lee dipper that came with my die set(it is always .5-.7 lower than the charge I want) and trickle the last .5 grains or so on a scale.

I do not shoot this gun like crazy compared to others, so a little time here and there to do a box of 50 is not missed.

On a side note couple days ago I found a pound of Varget at my LGS, I am happy about that.

I am going to weigh every load with my digital scale . I have 4000 rounds of 380 on hand but this is for fun.

When I reload I take my time and let my day fade away .

Love to have a thunder, Wife's colt mustang is to small for me. Thinking about getting  Remington's new R51 in 9mm when it come around and all the bug are gone

I thought you were talking about buying one.

If you've got it already, I think hornady is about the only company that makes decent ammo for 9x18. It's probably not high priority, so if you can find it, snag the components.

New press should be here today with reloading stand. Told the wife that I can now reload in living room if I want to. She said "oh yah?"," I think NOT!"

Also no powder a Bass Pro.

A lady student of mine wants to buy that 9 mm thunder for CCW. I told her that it is a great gun but weighs 26 oz unloaded

I would *NEVER* reload in the living room.

I have an entire room dedicated to reloading as well as firearm/ammo storage.

The best thing you can do while reloading is have a clean, organized, DISTRACTION FREE environment! I actually reload to have peace and QUIET and tranquility... It's a good hobby for me to relax and get away from the crazy hectic fast paced world I am normally living.

A distracting environment is NOT the environment you want while reloading... ESPECIALLY when loading LIGHT LOADS in PISTOL BRASS... it is VERY easy to double charge pistol ammo, compared to rifle ammo... and likewise when you do... it can be a much bigger issue... SO stay clear of the TV, or a computer, and enjoy the quiet, and the satisfaction of reloading safely. :D

Indy hit the nail on the head. I go into a "zone" when I reload, but I do not just mindlessly pull the lever. You have to stay somewhat focused.

I just traded a buddy of mine a surplus 74 stock set for a pound of WSF. Have a lot of 9mm loading to do. I am actually disturbed by the fact I am so excited about scoring a single pound of powder.

I can definitely zone in when loading, and lose focus. The few times I've accidentally dumped a double charge in a pistol case, I've noticed - it'd be hard not to with some, as you'd feel the increased pressure as you had to compress the powder when seating the bullet.

The best thing you can do while reloading is have a clean, organized, DISTRACTION FREE environment! I actually reload to have peace and QUIET and tranquility... It's a good hobby for me to relax and get away from the crazy hectic fast paced world I am normally living.

A distracting environment is NOT the environment you want while reloading... ESPECIALLY when loading LIGHT LOADS in PISTOL BRASS... it is VERY easy to double charge pistol ammo, compared to rifle ammo... and likewise when you do... it can be a much bigger issue... SO stay clear of the TV, or a computer, and enjoy the quiet, and the satisfaction of reloading safely. biggrin.png

Not even when Duck Dynasty is on? Ha Ha

Just set up the new press for 9mm, pulled some bullets and reloaded them to check it out.

Was in the Zone! Two things make me forget the super stressed life I have ,pheasant hunting and reloading.

I do not have to reload, have plenty of ammo but reloading is just plain fun. 380acp is the wife's gun and I will save some money reloading that round.

Right now you can get 9mm for about 24 cents a round, not much savings reloading 9mm at this time.

A distracting environment is NOT the environment you want while reloading... ESPECIALLY when loading LIGHT LOADS in PISTOL BRASS... it is VERY easy to double charge pistol ammo, compared to rifle ammo... and likewise when you do... it can be a much bigger issue... SO stay clear of the TV, or a computer, and enjoy the quiet, and the satisfaction of reloading safely. biggrin.png

If you are a single loser in a small apartment, the living room's only distraction is the reloading equipment.

Indy hit the nail on the head. I go into a "zone" when I reload, but I do not just mindlessly pull the lever. You have to stay somewhat focused.

I just traded a buddy of mine a surplus 74 stock set for a pound of WSF. Have a lot of 9mm loading to do. I am actually disturbed by the fact I am so excited about scoring a single pound of powder.

I've been checking in once a week at the LGS for WSF.  A few months ago it was the only thing in stock and I wasn't sure I wanted more. Now I do want more...

Not even when Duck Dynasty is on? Ha Ha

I have *NEVER* seen even ONE episode of Duck Dynasty, and honestly, have no plan to ever watch one. 

Just finished setting up my 380ACP press for the wife's gun. Started to load a few rounds to test at the range, weighing each one on the digital scale. Once that is done and I settle on a target load, I'll dial in the new RCBS Uni Flow that has been laying around for a few years.

If you are a single loser in a small apartment, the living room's only distraction is the reloading equipment.

I just traded a buddy of mine a surplus 74 stock set for a pound of WSF. Have a lot of 9mm loading to do. I am actually disturbed by the fact I am so excited about scoring a single pound of powder.

I've been checking in once a week at the LGS for WSF. A few months ago it was the only thing in stock and I wasn't sure I wanted more. Now I do want more...

• 1 month later...

Got to the range finally and worked up to the best 380 reload with Unique powder and 100 grain Berry plated bullet.

Started at 3.4 grains and stop a 3.6 as the Wife's Colt Pocket Lite was rocking at that load.

Will be saving some bucks on 380 ACP from know on.

• Like 1