great info on this forum! new saiga owner

hello to all! i was in the market for a hi capacity shotgun and i honestly almost bought a kel tec being that it is a pump/more reliable. i was being pushed away from purchasing an s-12 after seeing FTE video after video. with discovery of this forum and the all the great info shared by members and a $50 fix for reliability, i was absolutely convinced to buy a saiga! you guys have awesome info and im now a proud saiga 12 owner.

• Like 2

Digit! Semi beats pump any day in my book. Blk hwk vet had a vid of a guy shortstrokin a 870. Just cause it's a pump doesn't mean it won't fail.

Gun fun should chime in before long and he has some great links in his signature.

Be careful, measure twice but have fun!!

Welcome. You won't regret getting an S12 or similar.

Here's a couple of videos which will give you some encouragement. 

Both filmed near a camp ground on labor day. Work done in between in a tent with firewood, a hatchet, and about $7 worth of tools purchased at a nearby walmart, plus a cordless drill. Total work time aprox 20 minutes, including addressing a sharp extractor groove that shaved shells.

The Before:

The After:

And there's a very good chance you won't need to do any of that.

And the links mentioned above are down below.

Edited by GunFun

Blk hwk vet had a vid of a guy shortstrokin a 870. Just cause it's a pump doesn't mean it won't fail.

My favorite one of that is James Bragger telling us the only way to run a shotgun as he repeatedly fumbles and drops shells.

one thing you should keep in mind is this is not a high capacity shotgun. this gun is imported as a 5 round carrier. now, what we do to it after it gets into the states, is another matter.

its a great gun, thats for sure!!

• Like 1

^ I meant to say I compared pros vs cons and made a final decision thanks for correcting me about that.

i went ahead and did a pre-order on a few things, arriving this after noon if im lucky, if not then i will just have to wait an extra day.

I have not purchased the firearm yet. I have found prices being only 150$ difference for converted vs non-converted, i am thinking more towards an SGL model from GB. maybe next week i can get what the IRS drags out for everybody weeks on end to finish my order.

I am recovering from surgery so I am in no absolute hurry to take Mrs. 12 out on a date. plus i plan on making her shine from the inside where the real beauty lies. it may be another month before i would even be comfortable shooting anyways.

Edited by Einstein69

Save $30 to get a double hook G2 and do the trigger job I have linked below. 

KVAR's quad rail is a brick, but the rest of their furniture is excellent. The LRBHO feature on models like the SGL 08 is a real plus.

I'm new to the forum and new as a Saiga-12 owner as well. I picked up my Legion-converted Saiga-12 yesterday. Can't wait to shoot it.

I was talking to some friends about getting the magazine-conversion kit for my Mosserberg 590 and a friend suggested that I should instead just save my money and get a Saiga-12. Another friend already owns a Saiga-12 and recommended one as well.

So, here I am, a new Saiga member. I found one locally in the online gun classifieds this week. It was converted by Legion, although I can't quite tell what model it is, because it seems slightly different from what they have posted for sale. I got is used with no paperwork or box or anything, but I think it's the model "IZSL-433A Saiga 12 030 Taktika" except that it has the original Russian factory grip with the same logo printed on the side of the receiver. And the stock (not folding) looks a little bit different, too. (see http://legionusainc.com/izsl-433a-saiga-12-030-taktika.html)

Whatever it is, I'm happy to get it. The previous owner had it listed for a few weeks online and desperately needed to sell it for a home project, so I got it for $790, using my annual bonus I got yesterday. :)

Anyway, looking forward to finding out more about it. Hope to learn along with Einstein69.