MfWiC, go easy, nobody is giving you too hard of a time.

We may have a piss-poor media, but there's no way in hell that something like an entire town of 150K people being put on lockdown with curfews will evade the news. Unless the internet and cell networks are shut down (and you will still hear about that from area outliers), it's just not possible in this day and age.

The rest of your statement has some truth in it.. Most public schools are implementing UN Common Core curriculum, and most modern housing developments do have smart meters. The rest of what your relative said is off the rez.

I would do your due diligence and evaluate the mental state of this relative.

Edited by mancat

Fort Collins is a liberal shit hole with transplant yuppies.

Her fault for being in that shithole.

The Liton Power meters you speak of are a federal incentive to coops and power companies. They get more money for the more expensive ones and don't really need them. The more expensive transmit to each other on a mesh grid in the sub 900mhz (cell phone) range with more than one watt of xmit. That's a lot of power on that frequency and they are stupid to have in an urban area. Our coop was ousted early, the eng. was smart and did a smart meter by lition that was cheaper and worked on a signal on their own power lines instead of on air. Living with one, you can easily shield your house from it. Put a backing on the panel to prevent it from coming inside. The problem is all your neighbors are transmitting as well, a considerable signal at that frequency and a few times every minute. The signals are on a mesh network and have a main hub that is an even more powerful transceiver. It's like a mini cell tower.

They have stupid gun laws like the rest of the state. Local ord. on guns suck.

Colorado is dead to me, too many Californians wrecked all the fun in the powder. Kinda miss skiing there but oh well. Anti gun, anti fun.

Don't hold back Stryker...  Tell us how you feelamazing.gif

Not everyone can pick up and leave when times get tough.  Some people refuse to do so.  There are many people on this forum that are in much more communist states than Co.  This does NOT make them "deserve" to have anything negative forced on them by a crooked government.  There was a time when CO was under attack and AA told me to uproot my family for VA.  Now, it is my understanding that VA is under threat of falling.  

The only gun law that is even being close to adhered to is the background check.  I can go buy a mag here just about anywhere at the same price you will pay or maybe less.  Do I like the laws?  No.  But I am damn proud that CO has made a stand and got rid of two heavy hitting fucktards that put these laws in place.  Hopefully this year we will clean up the rest of the mess.  I watched approx. 20 hrs. of the supposed gun hearings.  The way it was handled by our elected was disgusting at best.  We did NOT "deserve" this and unlike the Californians you speak of, Co stood up and said fuck you.  Will your state do that when the grabbers come a knockin?  I hope so.

- Big John! --> California transplant to Colorado doing his best to help keep our guns.

• Like 6

I've got too many ex-wives in Colorado now to feel good about the place. booo.gif

They're more than likely the ones causing all the problems,

one of them made my life a living hell for her 1st 20 agendas. beaten.gif

Marriage with those Colorado girls was like skiing, all down hill with a lot of falls but unlike skiing when your lift ticket expires you don't get to just call it a day.haha.gif

The Liton Power meters you speak of are a federal incentive to coops and power companies. They get more money for the more expensive ones and don't really need them. The more expensive transmit to each other on a mesh grid in the sub 900mhz (cell phone) range with more than one watt of xmit. That's a lot of power on that frequency and they are stupid to have in an urban area. Our coop was ousted early, the eng. was smart and did a smart meter by lition that was cheaper and worked on a signal on their own power lines instead of on air. Living with one, you can easily shield your house from it. Put a backing on the panel to prevent it from coming inside. The problem is all your neighbors are transmitting as well, a considerable signal at that frequency and a few times every minute. The signals are on a mesh network and have a main hub that is an even more powerful transceiver. It's like a mini cell tower.

Colorado is dead to me, too many Californians wrecked all the fun in the powder. Kinda miss skiing there but oh well. Anti gun, anti fun.

Not everyone can pick up and leave when times get tough.  Some people refuse to do so.  There are many people on this forum that are in much more communist states than Co.  This does NOT make them "deserve" to have anything negative forced on them by a crooked government.  There was a time when CO was under attack and AA told me to uproot my family for VA.  Now, it is my understanding that VA is under threat of falling.  

The only gun law that is even being close to adhered to is the background check.  I can go buy a mag here just about anywhere at the same price you will pay or maybe less.  Do I like the laws?  No.  But I am damn proud that CO has made a stand and got rid of two heavy hitting fucktards that put these laws in place.  Hopefully this year we will clean up the rest of the mess.  I watched approx. 20 hrs. of the supposed gun hearings.  The way it was handled by our elected was disgusting at best.  We did NOT "deserve" this and unlike the Californians you speak of, Co stood up and said fuck you.  Will your state do that when the grabbers come a knockin?  I hope so.

- Big John! --> California transplant to Colorado doing his best to help keep our guns.

Did you move into Ft. Collins? It's like Austin TX. You really have to want to live there. It's not a cheap place to live at all.

As far as what will we do? Have you ever heard of the Montana Shooting Sports Association? Made in Montana ring a bell? smile.png We are very proactive and nail it before it happens. Even our democratic leaders are pro gun because they either enjoy firearms or know they would never be voted in if they weren't.

No disrespect but, populated areas and popular areas in Colorado have been infiltrated by commies from California. They occupy a very small part of the state and dictate to the agricultural and forestry industries and land owners. It's a mess.

I wish you the best of luck fighting them.

• Like 2

As far as what will we do? Have you ever heard of the Montana Shooting Sports Association? Made in Montana ring a bell? smile.png We are very proactive and nail it before it happens. Even our democratic leaders are pro gun because they either enjoy firearms or know they would never be voted in if they weren't.

No disrespect but, populated areas and popular areas in Colorado have been infiltrated by commies from California. They occupy a very small part of the state and dictate to the agricultural and forestry industries and land owners. It's a mess.

Stryker0946

Please give the man a break. He knows that CO has taken a big hit from Cali. He needs help.  I am a hypocrite as I have posted before to just move out of  a state to get away from the oppression. However we need people to fight back. I have lived in Golden and Englewood many moons ago. CO is a great state, they need guns just to fight off the snakes.

Is there a Colorado Shooting Sports Association we can support?

• Like 2

Did you move into Ft. Collins? It's like Austin TX. You really have to want to live there. It's not a cheap place to live at all.

I lived in FC for three years.  I guess since I'm a commie, I didn't notice anything out of the norm as far as the people go.  I was able to buy a home for 260k that I couldn't have touched in CA for less than 900k.  That really ain't saying much I guess since CA is so overfukinginflated, which is one of the reasons I left. Do I want to live in FC?  No.  Too many people for my taste.  Would I live in FC again?  Yes.  Cheaper to live there than the smaller more sought out town I live in.

Don't get me wrong, I have a once in a lifetime property opportunity in MT and would love to live there. But, the wife isn't down for it so...  Sure there are more gun friendly states than CO.  I hate heat and humidity, so TX and AZ are out.    My wife thinks southern MT is colder than here (wrong) so she won't go there.  She won't move any further east either, so I'm kinda stuck for now.  All of this before I even consider the fact that I have two kids that are within two years of graduating high school.  Therefore, I stay here and do the best I can.  I can still own all the guns, ammo, and mags I want.  So I actually feel like I've made a huge step up from where I came.

I don't disagree with your basic thought.  But not all of us are commies.

Edited by Big John!