The only complaints I have for them I addressed in post #10. From a performance standpoint, they work like any other AK. I just prefer to have a slightly better fit and finished weapon if Im going to pay a good chunk of coin for it. And I really dont care for the prices of them as of now. I can honestly say though if I could grab one for 350, Id prolly do it so long as its not got canted sights. As long as it shoots good, and doesnt require too much attention, I could make it into a nice piece for not a lot of money.

Wow. I remember when these things were last choice bottom of the bucket last ditch effort to buy an AK. Now they're going over 400?

Shit man, Ive seen them for 600+ at local gun shows. And people are paying it. Go figure. Its too high for me, when I can bag a Saiga for well under 500. Go figure.

WASRs were plagued with the same problems SARs  were, canted front sight, gas block. honestly,  if I was going to buy one, I would want to see it with my own big brown eyes before I plunk down my money, sight unseen, you're "buying a pig in a poke"

is a used one worth 350-400? no, but that is what they going for and then some.

only thing wrong with romanian rifles is that century got a hold of them. the least molested being the later sar rifles. the early sar rifles were high speed. a romanian G is kick ass so long as the CIA hasn't dicked it up.

W hat

A

S hitty

R ifle

yeah... I've owned a WASR for years, a shitty rifle that has never failed to fire in thousands of rounds, and is just as accurate as my Russian AKs

what a piece of shit

I was kidding! Lol

I knew you were only joking, it made me laugh never saw that before.

W hat

A

S hitty

R ifle

yeah... I've owned a WASR for years, a shitty rifle that has never failed to fire in thousands of rounds, and is just as accurate as my Russian AKs

what a piece of shit

I was kidding! Lol

I knew you were only joking, it made me laugh never saw that before.

I forgot where I heard that.

One positive for a wasr is you can dog the shit out of it instead of babying a 1000+ one.

I wish I had the funds to buy whatever I'd like. Then I'd have a whole collection of top dollar stuff to finger bang.

• Like 1

Hell you watch GB and the wasr's sell for more than norinco's and saiga's. I believe because the low information buyer has heard the name wasr over and over till they believe its the standard go to. Shows what advertising or ( familiarity ) can do to nitwits.     ….. Now I wonder how many times I have fallen victim to this brainwashing in my purchasestinfoilhat.gif

I have a WASR. It has chewed and spit out all kinda of ammo, even shitty corrosive rusted up ammo, and has NEVER FTF or FTE. It has never jammed, or even come close to jamming with all kinds of sand and shit in it as well. Now, would I have ever attempted any of this with my AR? Hell no, but that's besides the point.

My point is, even if it has a canted front sight post or gas block, put your damn man pants on, grab a mallet and maybe a hammer and punch, and put that bitch in a vice and correct the issue. You'll have an AKM that will hang with the best of em'.

It ain't rocket science, its a Kalashnikov...

• Like 1

the one I was looking at looked a little or a lot beat up.  It was a WASR-10 not a 63.  Which was weird because it had the chrome lined barrel, and side scope mount but no military proof mark.  It just didn't seem right to me so I had to pass.

Well you gotta trust your gut sometimes. But if you find another one in better shape, don't be worried about it being a WASR, like I and some others have said, it can be an awesome rifle that is just as good as any Kalashnikov out there.

the one I was looking at looked a little or a lot beat up. It was a WASR-10 not a 63. Which was weird because it had the chrome lined barrel, and side scope mount but no military proof mark. It just didn't seem right to me so I had to pass.

The plain 10 was the AWB version of the rifle that came in with single-stack magwell, no bayonet lug, and usually had a welded muzzle cap, and sometimes had the threads completely turned down.

The 10/63 is what was sold by Century after widening the magwell for double-stack mags, removing the welded thread cap, and the rifle will have a bayonet lug as well, unless removed for sale in states like CA.

The earlier WASRs had new or scrubbed trunnions that lacked the military proofs. Most of the new ones are like this as well. It seems like 2009-2012 was when most were built from demilled Pm.63 military rifles, but with new Romy CHF barrels.