SGM 12 Round Mags Eject themselves?

Just went to the range to try out my new SGM 12 round vepr12 mag ..I loaded it up with some 2 3/4" high brass with a mixture of the cheap low brass bird shot..and everytime i pull the trigger the magazine would automatically eject by itself..i double check to make sure the magazine was locked in correctly..but the damn plastic area where the magazine catch latches onto looks like it could not hold up to the abuse ..i believe i am gonna have to send this one back to SGM for an exchange of a 10 rounder or maybe something more reliable..I hope there drums dont fail like this when they are released because them suckers are gonna be holding 25 rounds and that will be like double the weight of the 12 round mag..The russian mags on the other hand worked like a champ no prbs what so ever..Anybody have any thoughts?

Some of the newer mags had very tight tolerances at first and would take a bit of breaking in to work perfectly. Maybe they just arent latching all the way. Have you tried giving them a good smack or snug push to make sure they latch fully? if they are not latching fully try them a few times just inserting them and trying to get it to latch.  If you cant get one to latch maybe a warranty issue?

I personally had a few that were very tight at first and i had to latch them in and out several times before they would click in perfectly every time.

Give it a try and let us know.

it was weird at first ..they ran fine after using about 24 rounds of various high brass and low brass and then on the third try with a full mag..it started ejecting itself..i looked at where the mag catch is on the sgm magazine and it looks to be indented to where it can no longer hold its own weight when fully loaded...The standard russian 5 round mags worked like a champ..no failure what so ever..below is a pic of the sgm mag latch

post-16872-0-44642100-1398229532_thumb.jpg

Try inserting one of the mags that you do not have problems with ejecting and measure how far the mag release is from the mag well. Then insert the mag that is ejecting and see if the mag release is closer to the mag well. This may help you see if the mag catch is fully engaged. And if the mag is defective or just needs to be fit to the gun.

my smg mags did the same thing with the factory mag latch. it doesnt fully catch the mag it catches the edge and wears it n makes it fall out. smg is great and swapped me for some new ones . you can either get a new mag latch (extended!) or file the factory one to lock in farther.