Conversion-It is finished

It shoots perfect. Didn't have to do any profiling. Only minor mistake was I ground a bit too much off of the safety lever and it now goes up a bit higher than it should in the "safe" position. I can probably live with it, or maybe I'll replace the safety lever later. No big deal. Very happy with the result.

Update: Fixed my safety issue. Drilled a very small "divot"   right on the score where the safety rides. In "clicks" right into place exactly where it should. Problem solved.

Edited by goldenpony
  • Like 1

I don't think the safety was your fault, after conversion mine went too high too, and I didn't even touch it. I bent a little corner on the top cover so the safety stops on that.

Not a bad looking conversion btw,  I like the simple ones.

I like the grip, what is it?

It's the upgrade choice with the CSS conversion kit #1. It's the Hogue grip.

I don't think the safety was your fault, after conversion mine went too high too, and I didn't even touch it. I bent a little corner on the top cover so the safety stops on that.

Not a bad looking conversion btw,  I like the simple ones.

That little divot trick works great.

Now my only problem is the Tapco stock doesn't quite seat all the way in the back of the receiver. I'm afraid with the repeated shocks shooting the gun it will tear the screw holes out of the plastic. Trying to think of a work around this.

beefcakeb0, on 04 May 2014 - 01:40 AM, said:

laugh.png is it just me or does his attempt  to say good bye is a link to an Indian movie?

laugh.png is it just me or does his attempt  to say good bye is a link to an Indian movie?

dasvidaniya is Russian for "Until we meet again"

beefcakeb0, on 04 May 2014 - 01:27 AM, said:

If it's just a bit there's nothing to worry about. from  the picture it looks fine. 

Do you have any plans to use a muzzle device?

No plans for a muzzle device.

Edited by goldenpony

Actually I think your looking for "До скорого" but a native speaker would have to clarify. Gotta be careful on a Russian forum wink.png asposted above naaaa.gif

dasvidaniya is Russian for "Until we meet again"

beefcakeb0, on 04 May 2014 - 01:27 AM, said:

If it's just a bit there's nothing to worry about. from  the picture it looks fine. 

Do you have any plans to use a muzzle device?

No plans for a muzzle device.

Just curious as I cant make up my mind if I want or not Edited by beefcakeb0

Sorry about the Indian movie thing. I googled the word dasvidaniya just to make sure of the spelling. I carelessly copied it and pasted it without realizing it was a link. Duh, my bad. I feel kind of dumb.

Don't feel bad. Its all in good fun. I got a laugh out of it, anyway.laugh.png

Having a bit of a FTE problem with cheapo lo brass rounds. Seems to run perfectly with hotter rounds. I'm going to try it with some Hi brass rounds. If these work OK I'll work out the problem with the lo brass stuff later. Maybe take a look at profiling my new hammer.