Value of my Saiga .308

I bought my S .308 in 2000 while I lived in Oregon, took it out and ran 20 rounds through it.

Moved back to PRK shortly thereafter and ran another 20 through it a couple of years ago. I discovered last night while reading that the thing is illegal here in the Soviet...er Kalifornia. Now I'm not sure I need the possible hassle/felony for having an "assault" hunting rifle.

The annoying thing is I was just getting interested in the thing, I oredered a sling and a recoil buffer a couple of nights ago. Anyway it's wood in perfect condition with a 6X36 Russian scope with a dead battery. Two mags, a hard (plastic with eggshell foam) case.

I'm thinking seriously of putting up for sale at one of the auction sites. Can anyone give me an idea of its value?

Thanks.

I bought my S .308 in 2000 while I lived in Oregon, took it out and ran 20 rounds through it.

Moved back to PRK shortly thereafter and ran another 20 through it a couple of years ago. I discovered last night while reading that the thing is illegal here in the Soviet...er Kalifornia. Now I'm not sure I need the possible hassle/felony for having an "assault" hunting rifle.

The annoying thing is I was just getting interested in the thing, I oredered a sling and a recoil buffer a couple of nights ago. Anyway it's wood in perfect condition with a 6X36 Russian scope with a dead battery. Two mags, a hard (plastic with eggshell foam) case.

I'm thinking seriously of putting up for sale at one of the auction sites. Can anyone give me an idea of its value?

Thanks.

My opinion is $350 - $375 plus value of scope and case until the new .308's arrive. They are on backorder according to fbmg's web site. When they do come in SaigaCentral will be selling new .308 in wood for $350. Mags are very hard to come by and tend to devalue the rifle. When new mags arrive that will help bolster or hold value.

I'd check some of the gun sites to see what they are listing and actually going for even though they are not growing on trees.

But, I'd consider moving back to Oregon first. How can you stand being surrounded with the prevalent delusional thinking out there anyway? Geez!!

Wolverine

Guys,

Thanks for responding. GOB, having a gun 1200 miles away wouldn't serve me in any way and would just be a money alligator. I TRULY understand and agree with your "FUCK the PRK"

mindset as I share it with you. As far as moving, I've been seriously considering the Boise, Idaho area. I have a friend who moved there last June and loves it.

I suppose I could just hang on to the Saiga with the idea of being able to use it in another location, but taking it to a range to practice in the meantime would more than likely make me uneasy. All it would take is a nosy do-gooder to ruin my day, and possibly my life. For the small amount of money the Saiga is worth, the downside is greater.

Not much else to say I guess. Thanks.

I wouldnt sweat it too much dude. I live in PRK also and when i go to the shooting range I see a ton of people with ak's or variants and theire out there with 30 round mags going to town. Most cops have no freaking clue as long as its not a PG and doesnt have a 30 round clip attached to it most cops wont look at it twice. hell I just bought a SKS about 4 months ago at turners outdoorsman. I took it shooting tons of times and got pulled over 2x and all the cop did was ask me if the guns were unloaded. they were he asked to look at them and he made me close everythign back up and said have a nice day. That was after he gave my buddy a ticket for expired registration.

Dont sweat it too much. hell I hear people go over to arizona or nevada and buy aks and bring them over. is it illegal yeah probably but nobody really gives a shit about the stupid ass gun ban here. The only ones that do are the gun activists. Hell any sane person KNOWS you cant stop someone from killing someone else. or going on a shooting spree or somethign else evil. Unless you know about it beforehand then yeah you should do something to stop them. people are gonna buy guns no matter what bans and laws the state throws at them. this is another reason I wanna get the hell out of this state.

if youre really that freaked out about it I dont think youre gonna have a problem selling it. I would go get a SKS.

I wouldnt sweat it too much dude. I live in PRK also and when i go to the shooting range I see a ton of people with ak's or variants and theire out there with 30 round mags going to town. Most cops have no freaking clue as long as its not a PG and doesnt have a 30 round clip attached to it most cops wont look at it twice. hell I just bought a SKS about 4 months ago at turners outdoorsman. I took it shooting tons of times and got pulled over 2x and all the cop did was ask me if the guns were unloaded. they were he asked to look at them and he made me close everythign back up and said have a nice day. That was after he gave my buddy a ticket for expired registration.

Dont sweat it too much. hell I hear people go over to arizona or nevada and buy aks and bring them over. is it illegal yeah probably but nobody really gives a shit about the stupid ass gun ban here. The only ones that do are the gun activists. Hell any sane person KNOWS you cant stop someone from killing someone else. or going on a shooting spree or somethign else evil. Unless you know about it beforehand then yeah you should do something to stop them. people are gonna buy guns no matter what bans and laws the state throws at them. this is another reason I wanna get the hell out of this state.

if youre really that freaked out about it I dont think youre gonna have a problem selling it. I would go get a SKS.

RobDennis,

Thanks for that post. It puts things in a clearer perspective for me. Are you in the north or south part of Cali? I'm on the San Fran peninsula, just south of Bejing.