Pool had a leak, would loose about 3 to 4 inches a day,to old to try and fix, so we just had to drain it. cool.gif

pooldrain1_zps02030e53.jpg

pooldrain2_zpsc54b00e0.jpg

Pics of the recoverd boolits

1st set, 44 cal 300 gr round nose

2nd set, 44 cal HB filled with powder coat and loaded backwards

3rd set, .690 ball from a 12 ga

4 set, 45 Colt

boolitsfromwater2_zpsf005c02b.jpg

It was almost to much fun.

• Like 1

The "scrap" is steel, about a penny a pound, about 200 lbs total.

That sucks... May as well just pay someone to take it at that point vs. gas.

A true redneck will ad it to his steel pile, not to confused with the aluminum pile, copper pile, lead pile, or useful stuff pile. On the pile it will remain until the price goes up or a "shit load" of said material has been accumulated either way it will be then sold for beer money. Edited by sccritterkiller
  • Like 2

That sucks... May as well just pay someone to take it at that point vs. gas.

A true redneck will ad it to his steel pile, not to confused with the aluminum pile, copper pile, lead pile, or useful stuff pile. On the pile it will remain until the price goes up or a "shit load" of said material has been accumulated either way it will be then sold for beer money.

I know that tactic and I usually don't bother with it. If I had acres of land I might keep that stuff around and make a pile or 10. Plus, 1/2 the time some jerk comes and steals your good "scrap" stuff. Not worth it to me at this point. I usually put stuff like that on C/L and let someone else reap the windfall of profit.

• Like 1

Locally they are paying us 7 cents a pound for clean steel last scrap run. Its 10.8 cents a pound in Orlando.. Its almost worth bringing in depending on your distance to a scrap yard and effort involved.. Especially if your underestimating the weight.. I remember years ago bringing in Aluminum siding, I figured we had about 150+ lbs, turns out we had about 900 lbs at 60+ cents a pound.

I worked for a guy that always threw all the metal in the dumpster. I talked him into letting me pile it up to save the dumpster fee, he got $600+ in scrap off a large house remodel, while saving $200 in dump fees.

I'm required by Florida state law to recycle all metals. We are fairly proficient at recycling, to the point that my shop trash is pretty much dirt and candy wrappers.