...the more I exercise, the better my mood...

this one has been huge for me as well...healthy body, healthy mind

I have finally gotten to the point where I don't feel right if I miss a day. It is immediate stress relief.

Edited by jbanzai

Bump for solitude while fishing!

Hey nice one there Dave! I hear ya too on the hobbies if I had two clones working with me I might just have enough time to actually enjoy most of mine lol! 

Here's a pic of a buddy of mine taken just yesterday on the same Lake I posted fishin' pics from. It's Shearon Harris Nuclear Plant's lake used to cool the reactor. The Florida strain Largemouths there are phenomenal! People joke about them being radioactive lol! 

post-1293-0-23094300-1406688192.jpg

• Like 4

Bump for solitude while fishing!

Hey nice one there Dave! I hear ya too on the hobbies if I had two clones working with me I might just have enough time to actually enjoy most of mine lol! 

Here's a pic of a buddy of mine taken just yesterday on the same Lake I posted fishin' pics from. It's Shearon Harris Nuclear Plant's lake used to cool the reactor. The Florida strain Largemouths there are phenomenal! People joke about them being radioactive lol! 

attachicon.gifRuss Burdick on Harris.jpg

Great pic, that's living life.
  • Like 1

Fishing, shooting, woodworking, painting, vegetable gardening.

Hell I could keep busy 24/7 with just my hobbies.

Did someone say lip pulling?

attachicon.gifsmilebass.jpg

Dave, you look happy,

What keeps me going is my wife of 21 years, and a relationship with God who in His wisdom blessed me / cursed her with our union. For those who have never read one of my posts...I am very opinionated...to a fault. I keep up with current events and formulate my opinions on my core beliefs. Problem is...99% of those things, I have 0% control over. I am thankful for the humility and regrounding that my wife produces in me each and every day. The second is running, as has already been mentioned. The world falls away between miles four and five, and then there is just peace.

• Like 3

Hobbies, seriously!  I also agree that I could stay busy with them 24/7. 

Today I made an all glass enclosure for my newest venture into entymology.  The subject in question is Phanius albeolus, a cute little jumping spider I found as a baby.  He's quite a little character.  While most spiders I've kept only eat a couple of bugs per week, this ravenous killer took down 6 flies in less than 2 days, the first 5 on the first day (sucessively!)  At one point he had a fly, and another ran into his face so he just grabbed that too and proceeded to double-fist (pedi-palp) them.  It was nothing short of awesome. 

Cars as well.  I happen to work in a wealthy area where I get to see some truly beautiful cars.  Today was a first, and long-time aspiration, as I was able to idle at a stoplight for a full 5 minutes next to...a Bugatti Veyron.  Holy shit. 

• Like 1