I'm glad to see hollywood give positive recognition to the military. Things like this and Lone Survivor and Zero Dark Thirty and Act of Valor help the public remember that our heros are fighting and dying on foreign soil. It's all too easy to forget that when the biggest story in the news is the release of a new iPharce.

And let's not forget that hollywood has no problem doing anti-American, anti-military films. Three Kings, Jarhead, Rendition, etc.

My biggest hesitation is Bradley Cooper. But this trailer eases my concern a bit. Eastwood's direction looks solid as usual.

• Like 3

3 kings was anti american?

And anti military.

The whole thing was about 3 greedy assholes wearing American uniforms using a war as cover to steal, who only did the right thing at the end because they were forced to.

Those of us who participated in Desert Storm got some great movies. Three Kings and Jarhead Rules of Engagement.

I'm glad to see the post Sep 11 vets getting more respect.

Edited by Darth Saigus

I liked Kellys Hero's. 3 Kings was ok. I dont get to caught up in movie messages and what they might or might not mean. I watch for entertainment. Its either entertaining or its not. Thats all I see it as.

• Like 1

I dont like the genre for the simple reason that it is too close to very possible realities without showing the true reality.

For example compare the D-Day invasion at Omaha beach portrayed in The Longest Day to Saving Private Ryan, the latter I watched once and that is all it took, great job BTW but not entertainment. Of course the former doesn't bother me a bit, fantasy pure and simple.

I don't know but as things continue to unravel my appetite for well done war movies wanes.

Westerns are another ball of wax those I really do enjoy even the more realistic, Hell on Wheels was real surprise.

The opening of Private Ryan is gut wrenching. It was never meant to be entertainment.

For westerns there is none better than Eastwood's Unforgiven. My all time favorite western and top 10 overall.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1