Photo
- - - - -

Saiga vs Vepr, Slant Receiver, Is the Slant...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ChileRelleno

ChileRelleno

Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants. Our choice

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

Saiga vs Vepr slant cut receivers, is the slant cut the same or close enough that furniture should be interchangeable?

I've fallen deeply in like with Rhineland Arms Vepr Dragunov kit, http://www.troupsyst...com/akparts.htm

The work Spacehog did on his is just beautiful, and I really need the cheek riser for scoped shooting.Attached File  vortex1-1.jpg   131.37KB   0 downloads

Edited by ChileRelleno, 12 October 2014 - 07:31 PM.

• Spacehog likes this
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."
Mihail Timofeevič Kalašnikov
:
"I am still ready to shake hands with anyone who designs a better assault rifle than mine.
USPA# 106617, D#24868, 600+ jumps in 42/50 states, 36 fixed & 6 rotary winged aircraft, Highest 28,000'-Lowest 1,500', Reserve Rides-5, Injuries-1... SKYDIVE!

#2 Long Shot

Long Shot

How many is too many?

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:29 PM

If I understand it correctly, no two slants are the same.

In regard to the rifles, no idea. :haha2:
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by return post and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system.

#3 Spacehog

Spacehog

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

I will be in Montgomery at a customer next Monday. I can couple that with another customer visit in Greenville. That puts us about 1:15 apart? If you want to meet somewhere in between, I will bring the RA buttstock and a pair of calipers and see whether it fits and if not what fitting has to be done to make it work. That way you will know and can order with confidence. I am typically within 2-1/2 hours of Mobile at least once per week. Let me know, and I will bring it down.

ETA. I still have plenty of that Tiger Maple blank which quite frankly was nicer that the rest of the stock. I have enough for two more cheek risers that you are welcome to.

Edited by Spacehog, 16 October 2014 - 08:14 PM.

• Long Shot likes this

#4 Spacehog

Spacehog

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

Blew up the pic of your Saiga and the slant is steeper at 48.5 degrees. This is a good thing as it means the stock screws would be short. The remedy to this is to relieve more material in the slot channel for the bottom receiver and it should fit up perfect.

Attached File  image.jpg   178.1KB   0 downloads

Edited by Spacehog, 16 October 2014 - 08:29 PM.

#5 ShadowFire

ShadowFire

You CAN do it yourself.

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:52 PM

Well for fixed stocks you can get an adapter.  The adapter is for wood stocks but it works very well with my polymer US made stock.  I had to remove material but hey, that's polymer, overmold is very common.

Have a look.

gallery_33361_710_1303573.jpg

• Mullet Man likes this

Fight Terror, Support Israel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users