Did The RRA Saiga Weapons Ever Make It into the U.S.A.?????WTF???

A post elsewhere said they were being distributed from RAAC, in order of the orders received, to the dealers. FBMG's shipment is apparently on its way to them, and there was a post that a dealer in Florida had some, so hopefully others are also coming out too. Join the crowd. <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_018.gif" alt=":angel:">

What is an 18" defender model and who promised it to you? The guns will be in our hands Monday between 10 and noon. We will get as many orders sorted and billed before we leave for SHOT, but with an order of this size, I dont know if we will even get them all sorted and recorded before we leave. Other distributors closer to them may be getting theirs today or tomorrow.

We currently have NO MORE shotguns for dealers. All of the guns we have left are going to Tromix for conversions, and we just had to place a PO with another distributor at dealer price to get enough to last us thru the next shipment. But all of these guns are going to Tromix for conversions as well.

What config are the new imports supposed to be coming in?

-P.

19" barrel, threaded muzzle, fixed sights, no BHO. Check out the IZ-108 on PvtPyle's site, that's what's in the country now. There's supposed to be some IZ-109's coming in the near future with BHO and adjustable sights.

All the ones I saw at Gunsmoke in FL were short barrels with threaded chokes on them. I counted 34 on display but I dont think they had BHOs on them. Somr had the adjustable sight rail, some fixed sights.

When was this?

I would like to know how many people have actually SEEN the new Saigas with their own eyes.

Call me paranoid.

Pvt. Pyle:

What is an 18" defender model and who promised it to you? The guns will be in our hands Monday between 10 and noon. We will get as many orders sorted and billed before we leave for SHOT, but with an order of this size, I dont know if we will even get them all sorted and recorded before we leave. Other distributors closer to them may be getting theirs today or tomorrow.

Uh, your right, actually it has a 19" barrel, muzzle threaded for choke, but adjustable sights- No one has promised me one, I bought 2 of these back about 3 years ago from CDNN. They were EAA imports, ("Defender" model was EAA's name for them) and from what I understood, from a forum over on AR15.com, Distributors were taking pre-orders for this 12 gauge config; and also rifles... I was sorely dissapointed to hear; that even though Saiga is making autoloaders in 7.62x54, we would not be seeing any grace our beautiful shores. Apparently, there are supposed to be rifles coming in in cal.'s .30-06 and (WTF?) 9x53????

Hey, I think I'll run over to the gunshow, and stock up on some 9x53 while I have the chance!???? :ded:

Edited by AKS_74

9X53 will probably be popular with the reloading crowd. It is apparently made by necking out a7.62X54 case and using a 9MM (38cal) bullet. Sounds like the perfect scout gun to me! At 150yds. or less it will stop Mr. Moose or Mr. Bear.

G O B