The Latest Effort to Enact ‘Gun Control Without Legislation’

GUYS,
While the effort reportedly received a “warm reception” from Ruger, other big companies like Glock and Beretta were apparently not open to the drastic changes.

FUCKING RUGER, AGAIN!

DO THOSE DUMB BASTARDS NEVER LEARN??

JESS

I contacted Ruger and they basically said they were professional and accepted an envelope. The news camera was there to help gain attention to their anti-gun cause.

Do you support smart gun technology? What was your involvement with this process?

Response:

Our General Counsel met them inside our front entryway, said I was not present (I was actually out of the building at a meeting when they showed up), accepted their envelope addressed to me, said goodbye to them and that was the end of it.  They left.

Perhaps “warm reception” is a relative description. While we disagree with their methods and specifics, there is little to be gained by being rude to them (which they might have preferred, given that they had Channel 3 news cameras with them). They also behaved well, did not make a fuss, and quietly left. It was a non-event, in spite of their goal of gaining publicity.  

Please be advised we will be closed November 27th through November 30th for Thanksgiving. We will resume regular business hours on Monday December 1st 2014. We will do our best to respond to emails as quickly as possible upon reopening. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:

Revolvers, shotguns, rifles, 10/22 Charger Pistol:  (603) 865-2442

Pistols:  (928) 778-6555

Serial Number History Information:  (603) 865-2424

Please note:  This e-mail is sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.  Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Ruger Firearms

Well one loses the trust of people with long memories one pretty much has to accept what comes without complaint. It may never be restored despite all efforts, one of my Grandparents favorite lessons to us kids as I recall.

There is a position that trust is THE most valuable commodity in the universe, were it only treated that way.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 1

Bill Ruger was a dick when it came to anti gun laws but their guns are rugged and reliable. I read a lot of bad things about the Mini-30 but why would anyone want one when you were able to get an SKS or AK for less money?

The Mini-14 is a good rifle but it needs good quality magazines and there are a lot of lousy aftermarket magazines made for it.

The Mark I and later version pistols are simple and reliable plinkers and the 10/22 is the only .22 rifle to get.