Went crow hunting for a couple hours Saturday morning. We had a bunch come in just wouldn't commit fully to coming in to the distance we needed. I was using a foxpro firestorm crow fight and struggling crow sounds. Ammo was 1oz 6shot. We only shot at 2 and got 1.

Oh and using a modified choke

post-49544-0-80861100-1422891865_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Have to watch the crow's flight and aim low.  They can dodge your shot by diving if you shoot straight at them.  Aim 1 1/2 - 2 feet below and let them dive into it. 

I prefer to snipe them with the silenced pellet gun.

Yeah I eat them.  Tastes like tomatoes, peppers, raspberries, asperagus, ect. 

Try using a crow/hawk fight call with a crow distress call overlapped, that drives them crazy around here, and don't shoot at the scout crow, he'll go back and warn them. Take your downed ones and lay them out for others to see. Last time I was shooting crows up on the hill, I got 15, and wife said if I left them laying out, she'd cut my nuts out. Crows like to congregate early in the mornings around their dead brothers and make all kinds of noise, which really pisses her off at sun up. :)

• Like 2

I don't know shit about crows but can't help but give a little shit to a fellow member.

Termite why the fuck do you let your wife sleep in? I made my wife get up with me.( I'm 32 btw). Sorry. Can't help but give a little shit :) no harm meant

I don't know shit about crows but can't help but give a little shit to a fellow member.

Termite why the fuck do you let your wife sleep in? I made my wife get up with me.( I'm 32 btw). Sorry. Can't help but give a little shit :) no harm meant

Well, I wake up around 4:00 to 5:00 and it takes me a little while to get out of bed, then hobble down the hall to the coffee pot, and now adays, stir the wood stove and get the chill in the house knocked off, and besides, she cooks my meals, brings me lunch, keeps the house half way straight, does the books for our business and answers the phone, and best of all, she does not say a fricking word about the money I spend on my reloading and buying new guns, so I figure she is entitled to a few extra zzzzzz's. Oh, and us both are getting closer and closer to 60, time to start slowing down a little. :)

• Like 1