I for one can see where this is all leading.  The 3 day transfer option if "delayed-pending" will be made an indefinite time period.  What that means is that the failed unconstitutional system will be exploited further by bad government to permanently deny a firearm to millions of law abiding citizens.

Once my back ground check came back delayed-pending.  Later we found they could not read nor add two plus two and confused me with somebody else more important.  But ... like in this case my local FFL dealer transferred the shotgun after 3 days.  My Saiga 12 in fact.  Another nail in the coffin.

Just me.  Respectfully.  HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 5

Feds define "felony" as any charge that COULD result in one year or more in jail. The plain meaning of words is of no consequence to the feds - they decide what they WANT words to mean, and your dictionary, as well as your Constitution are just 'quaint".

• Like 3

in the video they said he had admitted to drug possession and should not of been allowed to buy the gun, unless that was a felony charge that's not correct is it? state law maybe?

"Admitting to drug posession" is completely unrelated to the questions on the 4473, simply due to the vague nature of the questions on the form. Technically you could answer "no" when asked if you're a user of illicit drugs, and a lawyer could probably argue that if you're not currently under the influence of those drugs at the time you filled out the form, you technically didn't lie.

If you have been convicted of a felony drug charge, you will not pass a 4473.

What I see potentially being pushed here is revision to the 4473 or BGC process to automatically disqualify anyone with even a drug-related arrest or charges, regardless of any successful conviction.

If that were the case, I myself would be disqualified, as I was once busted with the awful, terrible mary-jane at the tender age of 19.

• Like 4

So a few paper work errors by government officials led to a big error by NICS. It's nice to see people accept responsibility for there actions. Why do I think the government workers who made said errors will probably get their merit bonuses this year.

Meanwhile the victims will never come home and legal gun owners will be subject to another layer of scrutinization due to this. Also makes me wonder how many more of these "errors"are out there. I wish somebody will call a spade a spade....errors my ass in the private sector we call it incompetence!

• Like 2

Federal employees who made and make such errors should immediately be separated from their employment.  Unless there is suitable accountability for ones bad actions, nothing will be ever done.  There will be no improvement.  Just me.  Respectfully.  HB

• Like 2