Annoying questions from the newest annoying newb.

I'm just gonna start with one question, but will probobly add to this thread from time to time.

After a dozen or so rounds I find the area in front of the puck to have quite a bit of GPR bouncing around in there, why isn't this vented out of the gas tube somehow?

Perhaps we could open up the ports quite a bit more and let the overgas blow the gunk out of a new hole just in front of the rearmost movement of the puck? The puck would seal the hole at the beginning of the stroke and reveal it at the end of the stroke. The gunk burps out, the action rod moves the puck forward and covers the hole again.

Everybody's is the same, including mine. People shoot hundreds, maybe thousands, of cartridges without it causing a problem. If you think it might help, just remove the gas plug, cup your hand over the gas block opening, and give it a smack. That'll get rid of the majority of it right there, and the rest can be dealt with during cleaning. Do not go drilling new holes into your gas block, it's not going to help any issues, and will likely cause some.

• Like 1

+1.

An autoplug adds additional vents for those if the shell is potent enough. It has some more practical features too.

Further, drilling bigger ports lets more crud blow in, not out. Especially if you don't keep the angle right.

• Like 1

+1.

An autoplug adds additional vents for those if the shell is potent enough. It has some more practical features too.

Further, drilling bigger ports lets more crud blow in, not out. Especially if you don't keep the angle right.

Does the TAC-47 genuinely work? Assuming you're running ammo that cycles the gun as per that chart you guys posted.

You could run a mixed mag of birdshot and slugs that would cycle and not beat-up the gun?

+1.

Does the TAC-47 genuinely work? Assuming you're running ammo that cycles the gun as per that chart you guys posted.

You could run a mixed mag of birdshot and slugs that would cycle and not beat-up the gun?

Sure does, provided your gun runs 100% with the factory parts.

+1.

Sure does, provided your gun runs 100% with the factory parts.

It do, thanks.

Since CSS isn't taking my money I'll have to look around for parts.

There is already a vent hole there. Left lower side under the hand guard.

Yeah but the puck never gets far enough rearward to vent goo out of that hole.

If you have "goo" you should run it dry.

• Like 1

Gaaww, so annoying!

Just swing by the local Saiga Spare Parts Store and grab an extra gas block. Once you have one in hand go crazy, drill the hell out of it till it spits crud or goo or whatever all over the place.

Then IF you ruin your gun just slap the spare gas block on it.

On the off chance the local S.S.P.S is out of purified unobtanium to make gas blocks with you could always try an auto-plug. Those work really good for some of us.

Not sure how much self cleaning effect it has. They do work as advertised.

I run it dry. With the OEM plug, and 4 ports I ran my first gun for well over 2K rounds of trap ammo, etc., without cleaning. There was very little trash in the gas block, but the threads of the plug were well... plugged. It took the tool to get it off, and some soaking with CLP.

Anyway, yours may crud up faster than mine, but that was adequate assurance that I don't need to worry about it too much. I clean the gun after shooting, but it's nice to know things would be fine if I missed a few cleanings.

Use it, & quit worrying.

• Like 3

I run it dry. With the OEM plug, and 4 ports I ran my first gun for well over 2K rounds of trap ammo, etc., without cleaning. There was very little trash in the gas block, but the threads of the plug were well... plugged. It took the tool to get it off, and some soaking with CLP.

Anyway, yours may crud up faster than mine, but that was adequate assurance that I don't need to worry about it too much. I clean the gun after shooting, but it's nice to know things would be fine if I missed a few cleanings.

Use it, & quit worrying.

It's not so much worrying as curiosity, and I don't run it wet enough to produce a "goo" was just using that term generically for crud lol

Long shot: I have three SSPS's in my area but they are always closed :-(  ;-)

Thanks guys.