So I've been looking for posters to put in the demotivational poster thread and while there's plenty of goofy stuff and girls, there isn't much in the way of gun posters ( and by not much, I mean not much that is coherent or really usable.)

So I was looking through the memes when I found this one. I may or may not post it, but beside that point I'd like to take a closer look at that laser she has mounted. I bought a surefire xm400 ( or something like that #) awhile back but I'm hoping to get a green one too. My understanding is they're still. A ways away and will probably be 500+. Anybody know what she's got? Thanks

post-35606-0-59160800-1439037309_thumb.jpg

Also, bonus.

I found this picture in the same search. I don't really feel its worth starting its own thread on so ill just tack it here. I must have stared at it for 3 or 4 minutes. WTF? Kill your daughter and rape your dog? Why bother shooting? At first I thought it was a joke. Than I saw the Brady logo and thought, no, they are pretty stupid. But there brand of stupid doesn't usually flow this way. Anyways, idle curiosity as what y'all thought.

post-35606-0-37917600-1439037577_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks chile.

Agreed with dad. Read a few reviews and seems mixed. Not really liking the pulse only option. However, seems like most if the negative reviews came out before some new version. Ill look into more tommorrow. I know their guide rod lasers come pretty highly reviewed. Want one for the wife's glock. It's on the list.

Ill look into more. Looking for a couple high quality light / green laser combos. My surefire is real nice but was pricey and only in red for now. ( well, last time I looked was about 8 months ago)

As to the second poster, I hope it's satire, because I can't believe anyone in either side of the fence believes its a good idea. Still just really weird. To be honest I've come across a number mildly disturbing posters since starting this search awhile ago. At first I ignored them but I actually started a folder just for them. Not sure if ill post them or not as they really serve no useful purpose.

Some were bad enough I didn't even want to save them.

Ahh well. So, back to the point. Good green laser/ light recommendations

Edited by fatty alcohol

Veridian is the way to go, albeit twice the price. But pretty easy to justify when your gonna use it in a life saving situation, like your own.

I have NC Star flashlights on the XD9 and Glock 19 by the bedside. They make a nice 12" circle at 15 feet, anything in that circle receives 16 rounds in just few seconds. This the cheaper way to go. They do hold up well, have several hundred rounds through both and the lights keep going.

On my EDC is a crimson trace red laser. Haven't saved up for the green one yet.

Remember what ever you add, you'll probably have to a different holster to prevent snagging on draw.

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 2

I do like the stream lights I saw. Better beams than the surefires too. Just liked the surefires controls a little more enough to buy the surefire first. But I'm definetly going to get a stream light or two.

I've got some ncstar stuff mounted on the saigas. Done well, but a low round count. Personal bias but I want a bigger name on my home defense stuff. Can't justify it, just feel better knowing I (have probably spent several hundred dollars more than I needed to for the same product) have something I can trust. :)

Was looking at viridian a while back for a rifle. Ended up buying something else. Ill have to check them out again

• Like 1

Streamlight TLR-1 on my favorite AR with a pressure switch

TLR-2 gets put on my XD9 at night, and sits bedside with the Mossberg 500.

My new favorite EDC, Kahr PM9 has the Crimson Trace red on it.

I want to get something slim & light that will mount permanently on the XD9.

I keep looking at various guide rod lasers, but all the reviews are mixed.

Maybe another Crimson Trace, I really like it on the PM9.

• Like 1

Go test the Viridian against other green lasers at the shop, pointing it at darker colors and then white. Assloads of liberals in Minnesota but at least they put this kind of stuff out don't ya know? The Viridian is to the lasermax as a surfire is to a stream light....

• Like 1

They don't have them in green for every model, but I would be inclined to get the Crimson trace with the frontstrap activation. It is just so instinctive. That trumps for me.

next choice would be the ones with holster activation, I think that's Viridian, but I am a bit behind on it.

I can also say that the pulsing ones are definitely easier to use in day and semi light environments. Slightly more disorienting too from the other end. Form factor/ not needing another action to turn the laser on are the most important features though.

Oh. I also would actually prefer pulse only. If available, I would never choose steady. It more than triples battery life in many models and makes the laser do it's job better. It also helps with the heat issues inherent to green lasers. What I don't want is a bunch of nonsense modes to cycle through. The only mode choice I would value on any model is Green laser only, to a toggle for Green Laser + weaponlight combo with both on.

Like this guy used: <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=3f43781d783b" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 1