Unfortunately there isnt really much you can do with the trigger in its current config, without replacing the whole FCG... and then sticking on the PG and AK style buttstock...

You can try to polish the mating surfaces... might smooth it up some... but it will ALWAYS pull up and back... without a total replacement, and conversion... Sorry...

:smoke:

I have seen trigger assy at Red Star. Will these work?

You said FCG (fire control group?) what does that include? Are you talking about a different receiver being required ?

1. Not on the .308.

2. FCG = http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...products_id=241

Wolverine

• 2 weeks later...

you can get a VERY GOOD gunsmith to cut , add to , and reshape you trigger, i did, but he has to be good!

What was the result? is it the factory trigger or conversion? How did it improve?

basically, he reshaped the trigger, without changing any of the internals, so that the pull was much more rearward, than rear and up. then i put a little rubberized clear tubing over the trigger, heat to shrink fit, and waalaa! much more comfortable trigger pull. if you can imagine a cursif lette n, laid on it's side, so that the bulbous part faces towards the right, this is sorta how the trigger is shaped. he cuts the trigger, adds about 1/2 inch material to it, bends the upper half forward, using heat, then adds another bit of metal, faces it almost 90 degrees downward, to point towards the bottom of the trigger guard. then applies the rest of the curved part of the trigger to that section. so that the curve in the trigger actually faces pointing slightly upward past parrallel

All I did was to lube the trigger sear with MOLY and its a smoother trigger right away its like getting an expensive trigger job without the high cost or the work. While your at it lube the receiver and bolt/bolt carrier up too with moly it will feel like a different gun, it will cycle smoother and faster too. It actually feels like a more expensive semi-auto with just a lube(MOLY).

I used the RedStarArms trigger group in mine when i did my conversion and I LOVE IT the adjustability of it is wonderfull you can make it exactley the way you like it, ya it costs twice as much as the G2 but in my humble opinion its worth it. I got the RSA kit for the VEPR 308 and it goes in with no modification but it does require the conversion to a PG

hope this helps