Trump's Statement on the Second Amendment

Thank you yakdung.  Can a Leopard change its spots?  Can a Tiger change its stripes?  Can a Bear become a teddie?  The network news garbage spouted 50 years ago sounds the same as today.  Did we win the Cold War?  Or has the enemy of freedom just ... changed its spots and stripes ... or grin?  This possible common denominator seems to fit the facts?  Dunno.  Respectfully.  Yep, the M2 is heavy.

Is Trump serious with the Second?  We will see.  Talk is cheap.   I am still peeded that Pirro or Growdy did not get the AG spot.

The best thing we can do as evidenced by the last presidential election, is to simply avoid biased news sources. Hopefully when ad revenue shrinks, they will dry up.

I can only hope. I suspect our favorites may not be selected for key cabinet positions, as they simply may not want to be in the administration.

• Like 1

Actually, I agree absolutely. There should not be shades of citizenship with unending leashes to vague government control. There should be two states divided into four stages of progress: 1) Citizen with unaltered freedoms, and freedoms suspended: 2) on trial/ pending sentence 3) doing time 4) executed. If you finish #3 you should be #1.  If you did something that makes you unsafe for the finish of #3 to render you safe to the public at the end of sentence, your sentence should have been #4

#1 "Suspended" as in a probationary period to see if they re-offend? I am sure there is some statistical data that would shed light on what the perfect minimum length for that probationary period would be. Goof up before that and.... you're fired!  wink.png

Nope. Suspended is 2-4 only. Government loves probation because they keep someone under control indefinitely with moving goalposts. Government never thinks any one is responsible enough to have freedoms or arms. So i reiterate: All rights or rights suspended until sentence is served.Nothing in between.

I still like the idea of the form 4473 for purchases. Considering that we are all members of the Reserve Militia of the United States and are to appear when called upon bearing arms supplied by ourselves and of the kind in common use at the time. The 4473 pretty much outlines all those persons that are either 4F or the enemy, and should not be given arms. The biggest problem is NOBODY enforces it! Those that lie should be given the 5 years and $5k fine that is specified on the form. That and the instant check needed to enforce, I'm totally fine with. The rest can go away!

I'm also fine with allowing felons of minor crimes to regain their rights after 10 years if there's no further infractions. Anyone can make a stupid mistake. Repeat, more serious, or violent crimes should still hold a permanent loss of rights.

I think if a "felon" can be trusted to be free and not in prison then they should have all rights. If you can trust someone to not be in prison they should be trusted with a gun. I also believe in much harsher punishment for violent criminals. like death in any case of child sexual abuse and in any crime where someone died.

That is an interesting perspective. I have never agreed with people having their rights stripped for non-violent crimes.

My perspective comes from my experience working as a corrections officer in a state prison. It's a joke. Like a day camp for adults. I could see how it's no punishment for those that want to stay "in the life" so to say. I also think there should be hard work camps for those that commit crimes against people. And prisons operated like the current systems for those that commit property and drung crimes. This would help a lot with recidivism

• Like 3

I still like the idea of the form 4473 for purchases. Considering that we are all members of the Reserve Militia of the United States and are to appear when called upon bearing arms supplied by ourselves and of the kind in common use at the time. The 4473 pretty much outlines all those persons that are either 4F or the enemy, and should not be given arms. The biggest problem is NOBODY enforces it! Those that lie should be given the 5 years and $5k fine that is specified on the form. That and the instant check needed to enforce, I'm totally fine with. The rest can go away!

I'm also fine with allowing felons of minor crimes to regain their rights after 10 years if there's no further infractions. Anyone can make a stupid mistake. Repeat, more serious, or violent crimes should still hold a permanent loss of rights.

I think if a "felon" can be trusted to be free and not in prison then they should have all rights. If you can trust someone to not be in prison they should be trusted with a gun. I also believe in much harsher punishment for violent criminals. like death in any case of child sexual abuse and in any crime where someone died.
That is an interesting perspective. I have never agreed with people having their rights stripped for non-violent crimes.

My perspective comes from my experience working as a corrections officer in a state prison. It's a joke. Like a day camp for adults. I could see how it's no punishment for those that want to stay "in the life" so to say. I also think there should be hard work camps for those that commit crimes against people. And prisons operated like the current systems for those that commit property and drung crimes. This would help a lot with recidivism

...and NO tolerance for in-prison crime at ALL. Make the punishment SEVERE. Violence in prison? DEATH. 

I can see a future career path for those sneaking across the border.

http://www.governing.com/topics/public-workforce/working-prisoners-saves-taxpayers-money.html

I can see a future career path for those sneaking across the border.

http://www.governing.com/topics/public-workforce/working-prisoners-saves-taxpayers-money.html

I like it.

Who was the guy with the white bird that said ... "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time?"    I remember chain gangs.  But then I was born and raised in the Deep South.  Kinda.

Baretta. Robert Blake played Tony Baretta.

• Like 1