Picked up one on sale at Cabela's for around $30.00. I chose the one dressed in pink for my six year old daughter.

I get this thing home and am dissapointed to see it is not near the same rifle I grew up with. Mine was built as solid as a .22 rimfire and withstood years of abuse. Too many times being over pumped finally took it's toll on the old girl after being passed down to my brother.

This thing is a cheap plastic shadow of what it used to be. The trigger is plastic. The plastic stock and forend feel like what a toy gun is made of. I think I could literally break this thing in half.

Hopefully it will serve a purpose and be fun for her to plink with. That's the goal in the end.

I guess you get what ya pay for, and they sure don't make em like they used too.

I've been eyeing an airsoft or bb/pellet gun for my son. I've come to determine to skip that step and await a 10/22 deal or look at a cricket for him. I've had him shoot a wood stock single shot my brother has, but it was too heavy for him.

A decent BB gun would be more useful than airsoft, especially as a training tool, and more accurate.

There are some really nice AR replica CO2 BB guns out there. The Steel Force is very cool, and handles exactly like a real AR.

Umarex-steelforce.jpg

• Like 1

Love the Steel Force, just wish they held up a little better than a few thousand rounds

Mine's been good for many thousands of rounds. The tree rats around here absolutely hate it.

I'm on my 3rd one (one was "fixed" under warranty)

Are you running it dry or using Pellgun oil, etc.?

Love the Steel Force, just wish they held up a little better than a few thousand rounds

Mine's been good for many thousands of rounds. The tree rats around here absolutely hate it.

I'm on my 3rd one (one was "fixed" under warranty)

Are you running it dry or using Pellgun oil, etc.?

Just a bit of oil. I oil the bbs a bit with Balistol and keep them in a plastic soda bottle. A drop of oil on the top the CO2 cartridge when I change it too. I like Balistol better than Pellgun oil. It has less of a tendency to diesel in my Diana Model 48. I broke a mainspring in the Diana by dieseling and it was a real bitch to replace a 45lb mainspring.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1