I run a Fenix PD35 Tac in a 1" ring mount. I can run it on either two CR123As or one rechargeable 18650. 6 output modes ranging from 8 to 1000 lumens and it's only about 5.5" long. Usually about $70 from most places but not hard to find for under $60 shipped.

Edited by W8lifter

I run a Fenix PD35 Tac in a 1" ring mount. I can run it on either two CR123As or one rechargeable 18650. 6 output modes ranging from 8 to 1000 lumens and it's only about 5.5" long. Usually about $70 from most places but not hard to find for under $60 shipped.

I have a very similar light, the Nightcore P12 (I think). I like the lowest mode and that was exactly why I bought it, perfect for moving around inside without broadcasting it. However, I have it on a suppressed SBR (Old Faithful). If I were thinking larger shotgun maybe it would make sense on a shotgun, but it would be ridiculous on my SBS. For the SBS, I always wanted a very small light (so small it is almost like it is not there) with just enough light to confidently move around the home and quickly discern a loved one from a lowlife just after waking up to that "bump in the night". I'm not a fan of everyone in and around the home realizing that I am stirring around because I have a crazy-bright light (Watergate, lol). I'm not sure I'll be thinking "Hi, I hope to disorient you with my bright strobe light." when I realize there is a person/s on the wrong side of my front door that I don't know from Adam.

• Like 1

I have a very similar light, the Nightcore P12 (I think). I like the lowest mode and that was exactly why I bought it, perfect for moving around inside without broadcasting it. However, I have it on a suppressed SBR (Old Faithful). If I were thinking larger shotgun maybe it would make sense on a shotgun, but it would be ridiculous on my SBS. For the SBS, I always wanted a very small light (so small it is almost like it is not there) with just enough light to confidently move around the home and quickly discern a loved one from a lowlife just after waking up to that "bump in the night". I'm not a fan of everyone in and around the home realizing that I am stirring around because I have a crazy-bright light (Watergate, lol). I'm not sure I'll be thinking "Hi, I hope to disorient you with my bright strobe light." when I realize there is a person/s on the wrong side of my front door that I don't know from Adam.

Night vision.

Trust me, I wish I had some. Too many more important things to do with what little money I have. I figure by the time I have money to spend on it they will be ultra compact anyway. I'd like a set that is basically a pair of glasses I can throw on very quickly. I don't understand why there are cell phones with NV capability yet we don't have compact NV glasses yet. I think the market has demanded so much performance out of products that manufacturers have overlooked a lot of things that would be very practical. Not everyone wants the brightest light or needs to see 100+ yards away with NV.

• Like 1

What cell phones have night vision?  wacko.png

I used a AA mini mag-lite on my Rem. 870 for a long time, with the pressure-switch rear cap. You do have to check the batteries and the mounting screws about once per year or so. YMMV.

Decided to use a .45 pistol with a light mounted to it instead for home defense.

Edited by Ronin38

What cell phones have night vision?  wacko.png

I used a AA mini mag-lite on my Rem. 870 for a long time, with the pressure-switch rear cap. You do have to check the batteries and the mounting screws about once per year or so. YMMV.

Decided to use a .45 pistol with a light mounted to it instead for home defense.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lumigon_t3_is_the_first_phone_with_a_night_vision_camera-news-18612.php

Interesting. Kind of pricey, and some of the reviews are not so good. (As a Steelers fan I'd love to have the Black n' Gold edition!)

I think I'd rather invest in a FLIR camera that I can use on my sUAS for SAR work, which I am trying to get started with.  :)