.308 with M-14 mag

How do I go about putting on sights like that? I'm messing aroung with an aimpoint because I don't like the factory sights. Those HK sights look badass, and I'm sure they work well too. A lot cleaner than a bunch of high tech crap on top. Was that a send out job or did you do it yourself?

What ya got goin there? HK sights. Some kind of tactical bolt hold it looks like. Is that an AR flash supressor? And then the mags-WTF!

Looks cooool. Does that scout rail interfere with your sights? Info please!

you pretty much called it :) . HK G3 sights , used the G3 rear sight base w/windage adj. screw , full triple frame up front . Used a Yugo selector on this one , cut out the BHO . Had to use a Galil knob on the charging handle , wanted a MP5 type , but couldn't nail down a reliable supply .The rail , we use a piccatinny blank from Brownell's and mill it down , then slot the center so as not to interfer with the iron sights , after that , it's a weld on . Turned down the barrel and cut the 14x1 l/h threads , put a birdcage f/h on there . and adapted it to take standard M14 mag's . I did this one for me . Toys are cool :)

Hi.... Excellent work on the Saiga.

Out of curiosity, is there anyone doing M-14 Magazine conversions on 308 Saigas now? I know Krebs used to do it, and I know about the FBMG option for hi-cap-- just wondering if the M-14 mag route is an option as well.

Thanks!

John

Out of curiosity, is there anyone doing M-14 Magazine conversions on 308 Saigas now? I know Krebs used to do it, and I know about the FBMG option for hi-cap-- just wondering if the M-14 mag route is an option as well.

Thanks!

John

I know Tony can do them , I'm not sure if it's a regular Tromix catalog item or not though . I havn't decided if I want to do it as a regular catalog item either . Let me stew on it for a couple weeks , figure up T&M and see what the price would be .

Thanks!

John

I know Tony can do them , I'm not sure if it's a regular Tromix catalog item or not though . I havn't decided if I want to do it as a regular catalog item either . Let me stew on it for a couple weeks , figure up T&M and see what the price would be .

Thanks. I'd be very interested in arranging for your services if this is something you'd want to tackle on a one-time or continued basis. I'm a new Saiga 308 owner after my home was broken into a few weeks ago. Since they took all the rifles I hunt with, I needed to get a 30 cal. rifle ASAP. I was able to get a new Saiga 308 conversion to pistol grip from Military Gun Supply. Although the plastic magazines seem to work well, I noticed my reciever occasionally shaves the tight-fitting magazine. A steel magazine may seem a good route for me, and there is also the issue of having a good supply of mass-produced magazines.

All in all, a good rifle. I feel that it is more accurate and more reliable than the FAL I had previously. I am not thrilled at all with the length of the stock or its lack of a cheek rest, but I have major plans to correct this once deer season is over. I'll get some pictures online when I can.

Thanks for all the discussion on this board. It allowed me to be an educated buyer, and know what I was getting before it arrived.

-- John

The more of this awesome work I see, the better I feel about my AK47 Tactical Entry pistol being worked on in the Red Jacket shop.

I should have known that Atlantic Firearms would only deal with the best suppliers.

respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

it's a full blown , barrel out of trunnion , trunnion in the mill thing . Doing it as part of a full conversion would be worth doing because the guns already ripped to pieces . I'm going to call it a buck fifty added to the labor costs . We'll try to get the priceing list for services updated over the weekend .