Saiga-100 Furniture - Prototyped and Ready

Finally got to make the prototype set of BR furniture for the Saiga-100 in 30-06. As far as I know, this furniture would fit the Saiga-100 in 308 just as easily. The wood used is sassafrass and isn't sanded very much. The purpose of this set was to verify the dimensions of my pattern. I am not aware of any wooden furniture being made before for the Saiga-100.

The handguard is in my VEPR/Dragunov style (could call it the VEPROV) elongated for the Saiga-100.

The buttstock is my QPG style modified for the Saiga-100's tangless slant cut receiver and the unique positioning of the Saiga-100 trigger. It has a slightly different style of cheekrest than previous stocks of mine. Shouldering it with my cheek on the cheekrest, the sites were in alignment. The dimensions like the cheekrest and buttstock height could be changed depending on what folks find out about scope mounts and height.

Pricing starts at $140 shipped before options. The set shown would be $170 shipped in your choice of red oak, hickory, and honduran mahogany, other hardwoods available at additional cost.

This stock fits the Saiga-100 with no permanent modifications required, but does replace the front sling swivel with a screw to retain the handguard. Sling swivels on the stock set are an option.

post-6-1171741235_thumb.jpg

post-6-1171741244_thumb.jpg

post-6-1171741255_thumb.jpg

post-6-1171741267_thumb.jpg

Edited by BattleRifleG3

Hey BattleRifleG3, I am wanting to build a AK but ive been throwing around the idea of using pakkaood for the entire stock. Right now im in the process of finding someone with a large amount of pakka wood. But here is a link of the wood and color combo that im wanting to use for the buttstock, upper and lower hand guards, and maybe the pistol grip.... http://www.knifeandgun.com/catalog/pakkawo...uby_1694766.htm if i find the wood can you build the stock? And what would you charge roughly? Any ideas? thank you - simongsh

I can adapt my dragunov pattern easily by combining the Drag pattern with the connection points of the S-100. It's not my cup of tea, though, so someone will have to ask for it first. But it's definitely a can-do.

And yes, if you can find the wood I can build the stock. Would be happy to discuss via E-mail.

I can adapt my dragunov pattern easily by combining the Drag pattern with the connection points of the S-100. It's not my cup of tea, though, so someone will have to ask for it first. But it's definitely a can-do.

And yes, if you can find the wood I can build the stock. Would be happy to discuss via E-mail.

I guess I'll be the one to ask for this stock then.Once I get a 30-06 on order.

Well, the wood of this stock is sassafrass.

Actually, it's looking down the side from the cheek-rise and grip to the handguard in the distance. It illustrates how substantial this rifle is. It's a real beast. The factory furniture has a handguard that I consider to be a little oversized and a grip and buttstock that I consider a little disproportionately small. It may work on a bolt gun with a small receiver, but on the semi-auto receiver with plastic shell, the original buttstock is a little small. My handguards are slimmer, less "bubbly" but easier to hold in my opinion due to shape. And my QPG buttstock in general is a little on the large side, but seems to be a perfect match for the Saiga-100. The receiver and trigger on the S-100 pretty much require a QPG type of grip, but I won't give up just yet on a Classic Curved Grip if people really want one.

With my downsizing of the handguard and upsizing of the buttstock, I guess you could say I'm a butt guy. In this case I think I'm evening out the proportions.

Even though we don't get much of it here, the Russians have wooden furniture galore for their Saiga rifles and shotguns. But to date I have never seen or heard any indication of a wooden stock set for a Saiga-100. This may be the first ever in the world.

Edited by BattleRifleG3