WHERE CAN I FIND ONE???

Hey guys... I have been a lurker on this site for about 6 months now.... I feel like I know some of you guys from your posts, lol.

I first seen the Saiga 12 gauge guns when I was doing a google search for mag fed shotguns. When I seen the Saiga, I was O-M-G!!! I HAVE to have one... To me, this is the ultimate 5-25 yard weapon I could think of short of some type of full auto rifle. Now, I see from the board here that 10 round mags are about to be available... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! :))))))) So the time has come for me to enevitably get one of these awesome shottys'...

I here that RAAC is the new importer, but they had barrel length issues... Does anyone know if these will be coming back into the states or not?

Also, I see that pvtpyle has a lot of knowledge about these guns. Does pvtpyle & the FMBG guys have any up for grabs?

I think I might have to send an email to RAAC to find out about availability.

Also, is Tony Rumore still around to do conversions on these? I would love to do it myslef for the bragging rights, but after seeing Tonys work, all I have to say is that the man is a twisted psychotic genious!!!

Please, Please help point me in the right direction... I have been afflicted with a disease that I must cure, and the only way to do it, is to get my hands on one of these, lol....

I keep kicking myself for not buying one when they were $199 and the 8 rders. $20. Stoopid. stoopid, stoopid.

lol... tell me about it... by the time i found out they existed, they were pretty scarce & everyone i talked to were saying things like... 'not sure if they will import anymore' & things like that... im gonna have to sell a gun or two so i can snatch one up quick!!! lol

Also, is Tony Rumore still around to do conversions on these? I would love to do it myslef for the bragging rights, but after seeing Tonys work, all I have to say is that the man is a twisted psychotic genious!!!

Mikw, I'll vouch for that! Just got my basic conversion back from Tony and if it shoots as well as it looks and feels it will have been the best $350.00 investment I've ever made!:super:

Thanks for letting us know about the Gun Source as a place that has the Saiga 12s. I have a question, if the choke is soldered into place, doesn't this mean you are stuck with this one choke and cannot make any changes to the gun since the barrel was too short to begin with? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Hi PvtPyle (www.fbmginc.com),

Thanks for your reply. I have some questions about the Saiga 12's:

- Are your versions the one with the modified barrel lengths or are they all at least 18" straight from the factory?

- Do you have the model no. IZ-109 with the bolt hold open device, 19" threaded barrels and vent rib bead sights?

If so, how much are they? Thanks in advance for your comments.

OK, OK, I am wanting to try & get in on this action. I got a glock in the paper for sale so I can buy a Saiga12. I probably can't afford a tromix right now. What I would have to do is save up for the conversion later, after I get the gun.

Pvt.Pyle, The ones you have, there is nothing you can do about the chokes?

I am not too up on shotguns. I have a mossy that came with a cylinder bore.

I know I can run slugs through it, but I dont know how tight you can get one and still be able to run slugs.

I would like something that patterns tight, but can still shoot slugs.

If the ones you guys have, can't be changed, how are they as far as slugs & patterns?

Also, as far as tromix conversions go. When I can afford to get it done, I might want to pay the money & make it a sbs.

If I went that route, would I be able to do something about the choke then?

Rumore a "twisted psychotic genious"?

...lol it's more true than you think!

Yes! I have seen many versions of his. They are the sweetest. I was going to sell the glock so I could get a XD45acp, but I think I'm gonna go with the Saiga due to the fact that I am kinda wanting to wait to see what Springfield does as far as a sub-compact version of the 45acp. I like the capacity, but I feel the grip is a bit long for ccw. What I think they need to do, is keep the service length slide they already have & shorten the plastic frame to 10 or 11 rounds & make some 10 or 11 round mags to fit. it would be a great go between of the full size & the sub-compact (that will probably end up holding 7,8 or 9 maybe...

It would be like a combat commander version. Alot of guys on XDtalk.com want a service length slide with a grip that is just a tad shorter than it is now. You can do a grip shortening on them easy, but mags are the problem. I seen on here where someone took it upon themselves to make hi cap Saiga mags. I suggested that someone make 11 round mags for the XD45acp lol.... No takers lol... (maybe i can some of the twisted minds around here to do it, lol... Anybody able to tell me how hard it would be to make custom shortened mags? Is it as easy as cutting them down & welding a small lip on the bottom?

I'd pay money for that kind of work (as long as I could afford it) But I think alot of guys would buy em simply becaue it's so easy to cut down the XD grip.

So until the subXD hits the market, I might as well go ahead & get a Saiga. It is one of the weapons I plan on having one someday...

Pvt.Pyle, I know it is like asking you to tell the future, but do you think these will still be available in a month from now? And where can I find the actual price from you for a base model Saiga12?

Edit: I found them on your site with the price listed. Is that the current price?

Edited by mikw1972
Pvt.Pyle, I know it is like asking you to tell the future, but do you think these will still be available in a month from now? And where can I find the actual price from you for a base model Saiga12?

Edit: I found them on your site with the price listed. Is that the current price?

I have no idea. We have a few more, but they do not last when we get them in.